Business leaders often miss the subtle yet pervasive messages our staff constantly receive from the dark side. The media, news, and entertainment are 90% scripts with hidden agendas. The news of mass shootings is “soul-crushing,” even though they may have been staged with the same old condemning narrative in the breathless fake news. Covid was probably the most significant, engineered mass media scam in history. We are in World War 3. It’s not a shooting war; it’s a war over who controls the narrative and mindsets that define reality. It’s spiritual warfare on a scale we’ve never before experienced. The common denominator is how to control the serfs.
First, let’s contrast the messaging. Then discuss ways to translate our business staff from one Kingdom to the other. The most fundamental responsibility of leading and developing people is setting them free from the deception and dominion of darkness. We have a conscious business strategy to liberate captives by inviting them into their Kingdom purpose; the one God wrote in their heart. We give people a weapon for spiritual warfare when we help them open the purpose Father wrote in their book.
Col 1:13 – For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves NIV
John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. NASU
Kingdom of Darkness – the world, devil, and Davos (The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy)
Message (accusations) – Life is hard, then you die, there is no purpose, your future is random
- Survival is scrambling for a lifetime (reinvention)
- There is never enough money; There is no need for you in the future, no purpose
- We don’t deserve love, money, happiness, or stability. Our life is a candle in the wind
- We are pawns, serfs who belong to someone else more affluent, powerful
- There are too many of us; some of us need to go (overpopulation)
- There is no place for you, no love, not enough provisions
- Limited resources (food, energy, oil, electricity, jobs, education, housing, climate change)
Kingdom of Light – Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Ecclesia (I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly)
Message – You are each sons and daughters with a specific Kingdom purpose that feels like love
- Jesus came to give life, abundance, and access to Father
- You have a purpose Father wrote in your heart, that dream can come true
- You can know that purpose with clarity via the Courts of Heaven and God’s Council
- You are God’s son, part of His family, part of His plan
- Everything you need, Father provides, partly via your participation (Mt 6:30-33)
- You are a priest with access to God in Heaven and a King who reigns with Him on earth
Individual Kingdom Purpose – The most fundamental strategy for setting people free from the Kingdom of darkness is realizing they may not presently have a choice. Their captivity may be too deep for freely choosing a different path. However, God has still written His script of purpose in the desires of every heart. Therefore, we can engage people on their purpose, prophetically discover what is real, and let them choose their aspirations. That sounds different from “selling” them on my vision, God’s plan, or the company’s mission. They have to choose their own heart. The most fundamental concept of Kingdom is that God has chosen us for a purpose. When we find that purpose, the emotion we feel is the Father’s love. He has a good reason for loving us. We’re part of His family and part of His Kingdom. We belong. Our book (purpose) is a weapon of spiritual warfare.
We can engage people on their gifts/talents, corporate training, and career opportunities, but those traditional offerings all dodge the fundamental issue of “the purpose God wrote in my heart” and focus on corporate purpose. The most loyal devotees to corporate purpose are those who got there from understanding their personal purpose and the synergism between the two. As business managers and leaders, we can help them understand both. It’s not that hard, and it sets them free to choose.
Traditional business and church leaders emphasize authority, paint people as servants and sheep, and keep them in serfdom. Kingdom leaders use spiritual authority to confront serfdom because it denies the design, purpose, and creativity in people. They are aggressive about opening the books God wrote in people’s hearts.
Corporate Kingdom purpose – Another fundamental ingredient for helping people “choose life” is our corporate purpose. When individual purpose is known, people feel respect from us understanding it. Then there is room for them to choose our corporate purpose and get excited at a heart level. The simple point is that we have a clear Kingdom Business Purpose that is prophetically correct and resonates with those Father has called to help us. Our business is staffed with an Ecclesia, and our stewardship of those gifts and callings is high on Father’s priorities. Business leaders now carry practical aspects of the Priestly Side of Kingdom Leadership. The division between secular and spiritual doesn’t exist in this Kingdom age. The curtain is being torn in two, so we can see the Kingdom, then enter. Leadership is being reinvented, as are leaders!!!
The progression we use to help our people share a Kingdom Business Culture is below; it’s a culture that feels like respect and love on a personal level and is productive and profitable on a business level. Kingdom is both Priest and King.
- Becoming ourselves, connected to purpose
- Having a story
- Aspiring to something great
- Freedom from accusations
- Brand – Sharing purpose
- Marketing – Having fun, Enthusiastic
- Harvest – Telling stories of heroism
- Culture – Belonging to a Tribe
How do I make this happen – We beta-tested the Kingdom Business Culture Field Guide with Tobe Finch (Happy Day Restaurants). He has a clear Kingdom purpose for himself and business mapped into Aspirations to fulfill his Kingdom assignment. Tobe also has a compelling Story that makes sense of his past, present, and future. The next step is honoring his 13 store managers and 550 employees with the same cultural phenomenon of Kingdom. It’s a jailbreak from the chaos and works for people, businesses, and nations!
- The eight modules are free; each has a 10-minute video, short narrative, graphics, and downloads.
- We do the consulting, relationally mentor the experiences, and measure the metrics in business settings.
- Questions? (JohnSGarfield@gmail.com or text 509-308-6873).
PS: Many of you reading this may not be the decision-maker. You will still find the field guide very helpful (and free). Your progress will also position you to recommend it to your leaders. Our model is that leaders have a priestly function and minister to people. Second best is delegating that function to HR or staff coaches.
Cutting Room Floor
Jesus atonement purchased our access to Father.
- He does come to us, and reside in our hearts (Church tradition)
- but we also go to Him (Kingdom)
- Priests came / come to God = our job as leader, we are priests and kings
- Build the Kingdom Business Culture to Come to the Courts and Council (Be Seers then Doers)
- Mentor people to ascend and descend; Jesus Redeemed our access to Father, Zion, Council, Heaven
We go to Father, not just Him coming to us (Business Culture Value that brings the presence of God; creates an atmosphere of worship in business)
Ex 19:4 – how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. NIV
1 Peter 3:18 – For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. NIV
John 14:6 – I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me NIV
Rom 5:1-2 – through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand NIV
Gal 4:4-5 – God sent his Son,…to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons NIV
Eph 2:13 – in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ NIV
Eph 2:18 – For through him we both have access to the Father NIV
Eph 3:11-12 – In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. NIV
Heb 2:9-10 – by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. 10 In bringing many sons to glory NIV
Heb 10:19-20 – Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body NIV
Rick – Great word. You went down an interesting path but consistent with your previous effort: instead of contrasting the lies with truth you amplified your primary message. I was looking for a contrast at first to the bulleted lies.
Maybe consider future blogs to dissect each bulleted lie with both your message and the truth.
Example: There are too many of us; some need to go (overpopulation)
- Challenge this lie with some background and history of Malthus and the corrupt way Darwin and others used his philosophy (link).
- Bring in a little foundation from the varied inaccurate Christian perspectives (link).
- Challenge the concept of death as a needed tool for survival (link).
The contrast with your perspective is that sons not only have a more balanced and proper view of the environment and mankind’s role in this but actively seek to “subdue” the creation with grace. Knowing that we have been given this responsibility, with a worldview that creation stems from a reasonable, loving, and logical (truthful) Creator, we can be successful at searching out the proper way to both understand the creation and rule over it for God’s glory – for all the 7 mountains.