What’s the question behind Kingdom Culture in Business? Why now? What does it buy me?
The chaos of inflation, supply chain disruptions, and post-covid hiring are the surface issues that nag keep every business owner. But, at a deeper level, we’re longing to get our arms around our business’s spiritual purpose: to move from being a religious Christian Business to a purpose-driven Kingdom Business with a clear assignment from heaven. God is opening a door into reformation for people, businesses, and nations. We can feel it.
We beta-tested the Business Culture Field Guide with Tobe Finch (Happy Day Restaurants). He has a clear purpose for himself and his business on a mind map, a road map of aspirations that fulfill his Kingdom assignment, and a story that makes sense of his past, present, and future. The next step is honoring his 13 store managers and 550 employees with the same cultural phenomenon of Kingdom. It’s a jailbreak from the chaos, and it works for people, businesses, and nations!
Five imperatives answer the “Why now” question:
1. Hearts – Kingdom culture carries a subtle shift from “religious works” to “it’s OK to be myself.” People are getting connected with the purpose God wrote in their hearts and getting excited. People have a purpose, and the shift for business leaders is that we get to help them find the bridge between their purpose and our corporate purpose. That’s where motivation is! Kingdom is much deeper than mindset; your heart wants the reason why, not just the attitude. When you have the reason, the mindset will flow from it, from the heart. You’ll be wholehearted instead of double-minded. Employee morale is a monster – easy to befriend but impossible to control, just like hearts. Leaders have the honor of prophetically tempting people with the desires God wrote in their hearts. Kingdom is an all-volunteer army of people who choose life.
2. Sonship – The second macro shift is that God is graduating servants to sons. He’s inviting us to do what He’s doing (Jn 5:19) and help bring Heaven to Earth. We are owning the responsibility and opportunity to bring a reformation to businesses and nations. As sons, we have a unique and strategic purpose. We’re also being invited to a deeper level of relationship with Father. We have a seat in heaven, and we’re experiencing the Courts of Heaven and Father’s Council. Ascension is the first practical step for sons bringing heaven to earth. We’re not waiting for a sign; we’re taking our seat at Father’s table, hearing the conversations, seeing what Father is doing. Finding the will of God is no longer a scavenger hunt, and the promptings of the Holy Spirit are no longer stoplights (green for go, red for stop, and yellow for caution). Father loves to show His sons what He is doing and sons are totally comfortable with ascending and asking.
3. The Age Shift – End of the age in the bible is not the end of the world; it’s the transition from one astrological age to another; actual star movements that can still be tracked! From Jesus’ birth to the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, Taurus transitioned to Pisces over decades. The age of sacrifice transitioned to the church age of grace. We are currently moving into Aquarius, the age of Kingdom and sonship. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Yet He’s always doing something new. Times, seasons, strategies, and ages change so that our clay must remain pliable in the hands of the potter. It’s a multi-decade transition we can all feel; A glacial change with scary/exciting ramifications, yet it happens in slow motion.
4. Reformation – Changing cultures and nations is a big challenge, but we’ve seen success in our corner of the world. Reformation is contagious, and Father is scaling freedom in every nation. He is extending the same invitation to many sons. You’re being launched on your own trajectory toward heroism. It helps me see that the Nations belong to our Father. It’s our privilege as sons to set them free.
5. The Answer to Chaos – Spiritual warfare is the fundamental theme behind personal and business chaos. Your business is a vital Kingdom asset that belongs to Father. The enemy would like to derail you from putting a Kingdom culture in your business. The turmoil over businesses and nations has never been greater. Yet, the opportunity for breakthroughs and victories has never been closer. The United States has a unique call to bring reformation to other nations. That will happen through the business mountain. We’re being invited into that strategic purpose, even if there is a little warfare to get there. You can speak to the wind and the waves, and they will obey.
What does this business culture shift mean for me? – It means your business is a Tribe, an Ecclesia with a calling to make a difference in your staff, city, and nation. A Kingdom culture in a business is the Ecclesia that can answer the chaos in personal lives. When we know what’s in our co-worker’s book, we have a more prosperous business and a warm culture that feels like we care for one another. We can pull people out of chaos and into destiny.
Tobe is not just serving food; His prophetic brand is We Serve Life! And that’s exactly what he and the Happy Day Staff are doing. It’s their reputation in the city. You can tweak your culture too! These eight steps are not lessons to learn; they are experiences that will transform your business and team. People love Kingdom Culture, especially in business. There are eight reasons why; eight ingredients in this Kingdom Culture Pie!
- Becoming ourselves
- Having a story
- Aspiring to something great
- Freedom from accusations
- Sharing purpose
- Having fun, Enthusiastic
- Telling stories of heroism
- Belonging to a Tribe
Download the roadmap in the Kingdom Business Culture Field Guide.
We can help you implement it.
Cutting room Floor
It helps me see that the Nations belong to our Father. It’s our privilege as sons to set them free.
Gen. 12:2-3 – I will make you into a great nation… all peoples on earth will be blessed through you
Deut. 32:8 – When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance
Ps. 2:8 – Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance
Ps. 72:11 – All kings will fall down before You; All nations shall serve You.
Ps. 82:8-9 – Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance
Ps. 86:9 – Nations you have made will come and worship before you… they will bring glory to your name.
Ps. 115:16 – The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to man.
Matt. 28:19-20 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations… teaching them to obey (do)
Mark 11:17 – My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.
Acts 14:16 – In the past, he let all nations go their own way
Rev. 5:9 – with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe, language, people, and nation.
Rev. 5:10 – And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.
Rev. 15:4 – For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you