How does marketing get off the ground, so we get results? We’ve all seen the mystery of marketing dollars disappear without sales. Now we’re skeptics! The cure starts at home with three questions,
- Am I enthusiastic about my Business Purpose? Is it in writing, in a video?
- Is my Father in Heaven excited about it? Is it prophetically correct?
- Has anyone else on the team caught the inspiration? My wife?
We’re not selling our staff on my program or my vision, even though I believe it’s in Father’s heart and has some clarity. We are looking for the synergism within their book; the handles to engage them. We’re answering their question, What’s in this for me? We’re open to innovators helping shape our path forward. There are multiple ways to implement Father’s purpose. The goal of marketing our staff on a Kingdom culture is to engage the creativity of early adopters to choose it and own it. Their reward is the engagement, attention, and satisfaction of seeing the dream unfold from its inception. The starting place is the prophetic clarity, our level of enthusiasm, and our conviction. Before we can market the to everyone, we are wisely reaching a tipping point with the few. Marketing used to be about expensive advertising to the masses. Today marketing is about engaging your tribe and delivering what they want. Tribe starts with our own staff.
The enthusiasm of early adopters is contagious; it’s caught, not taught. We market Kingdom Culture to the majority of our staff on the backs of early adopter enthusiasm. We let the majority inspect the fruit of connected hearts. If we want to impact our entire culture, the tipping point is to engage early adopters is the first 15-18% of our staff. They will ignite the majority, not you. The “Law of Diffusion of Innovation” is helpful on this point; explained in the first two links:
- Simon Sinek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9d0NqSztWA
- Innovators (2%) – Adventurers willing to trust you, take some risks, and help
- Early Adopters (14%) – Those who trust you, like your brand, and buy in
- Early majority – (34%) Deliberate consumers who let someone else go first
- Late majority – (34%) Skeptics who come in after the majority have tried.
- Laggards – (16%) Resistant, tradition-bound, timid, doubt-full
The transformation from servant to son is a scary chasm. We’re not just asking people to adopt an innocuous program. We’re inviting them into the Kingdom of God. It’s evangelistic, fun, and life changing. People will love you for helping them make the transition (eventually). Here’s why it’s scary:
- The thrill of authenticity is coupled with the fear of vulnerability.
- The rest in transparency is paired with the possibility of betrayal.
- The adventure of seeing my book is tempered with the responsibility to make it happen.
- Hearing Father’s voice for myself carries the chance of deception.
Love, patience, and the presence of God are the only things that embolden us. Sons gradually migrate:
- From (servants) a place of waiting for God to sovereignly lead them like sheep
- To (sons) who actively engage Father in conversations about their courageous initiatives.
It’s the goodness of God that leads us to adopt His Kingdom.
Customers and Clients – When the spirit of your Kingdom Business Assignment is resident in your staff, it’s easy to craft the marketing to those who want our product. People are not just buying our product or service. They want to buy our why, our brand, our Kingdom purpose, and our enthusiasm. They want to join for their reasons, not ours! They want to buy their why.
Instead of persuading individuals to change or buy, we see change as primarily about the evolution or reinvention of products, services, and even our precious vision. Hence, those products or ideas become better fits for the people they help. In a Kingdom culture, it is not people who change but the innovations themselves. We’re inviting people to be themselves and find their true identity in the purpose of their book. We’re building the implementation of Father’s purpose around our people and products. His purpose is already resident in their hearts! We’re just teasing it out. The progression is simple:
- We’re marketing something Father is buying; it’s already in His heart
- We’ve bought into the purpose in our own hearts, and we’re excited
- Our staff sees Father’s purpose in our business initiatives and engages
- Customers and clients detect the unmistakable fragrance of Kingdom purpose
Selling widgets is not exciting. Buying into Kingdom is very exciting. Put the frosting on your widget. The metric for Kingdom marketing is enthusiasm of heart. It’s genuine enthusiasm from doing what Father is doing.
How did they feel? – Remember the saying, “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you make them feel.” Effective marketing touches the spirit of the book in hearts; they can feel it because it rings a prophetic bell related to the desires God wrote in their heart. Your purpose and marketing come together to resonate prophetically with what God is saying and doing. That’s what other people can “hear.” Their spirit is listening to the same Father. Our marketing conveys activities that do what Father does, not just features, benefits, and headlines.
Heart’s drive the bus! – The beliefs of our hearts interpret our present circumstances and determine our future course. Marketing can be used to align our hearts with Father to do what He’s doing. We’re all pre-wired for co-laboring! Then we interpret circumstances through Father’s eyes and align our actions with His. People don’t buy “your why” unless it’s aligned with what they already hear from Father (their why). Advertising still describes features and benefits, but it’s in the context of our Kingdom purpose so people can resonate with it at a heart level. We’re inviting people to “buy” their purpose via the shared purpose we have in common with Father (all without the religious trappings). We are all more charismatic when our Father’s purpose is evident in our people, products, and passion. Kingdom purpose is inviting, tempting, attractive, and compelling. People buy their own why pre-wired into their hearts by a loving Father. Sell that, and people will love you for doing it – from the heart!
The metric for Marketing is Enthusiasm – My enthusiasm isn’t dampened by setbacks or exalted by success. I’ve seen something real in Heaven, and I’m co-laboring with Father to make it happen on earth. It didn’t even start with me; I’ve just been invited to share it and own a piece of it. I’m faithful with my assignment and excited about this party. It’s an assignment I’m faithful with, and a party I’m excited about.
Resources – The purpose of Heaven for each of us is already written in your heart and can be seen and heard in the Council. Your business can shift from a Christian business full of obedient servants to a Kingdom business full of creative and industrious sons who make a difference. We help people and businesses get their prophetic purpose in writing and then make it happen on earth. Taste and see! Tools to get started are here:
- Intentional Reformation Intro (A free diagnostic you will enjoy along with our purpose & Values)
- Nail your Purpose Field Guide (A place to start clarifying your heart’s desires)
- OnlineHeartPlan.com (Our web site and online Courses)
- USA Book (proof we can get our arms around the books of people, businesses, and nations
Other books by John S Garfield are available on Amazon:
- Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace (2004)
- Desire to Destiny – Seven Keys to Your Marketplace Ministry (2007)
- Seers and Doers: Sons Bringing Heaven to Earth (2018)
- Intentional Reformation – A Roadmap to Change Yourself and the World (2020)
- Intentional Reformation Primer – 5-Step Roadmap to Make Your Dream Come True (2020)
- Healing for Warriors: Connecting Your Purpose and Your Health (2020)
- Lead Your Tribe Field Guide (2021)
- Let’s Build a Kingdom Business (2022)
- Find our free blog at ReleasingKings.com; Courses at www.OnlineHeartPlan.com