I’ve always been a little intimidated by marketing, primarily because of all the big promises and modest results. How do we convert purpose to story, and they package it in our brand and marketing and then actually get results? That question bothered me enough to ask the Lord for a practical answer. I thought if nothing came out of the council session, I could just say “I tried” and throw the notes away! Guess what? Father gave some excellent insight that we’re sharing it in this blog.
Value is compelling – the marketable value in life is being connected with your heart’s purpose and helping other people connect with theirs. Is the story of how your purpose translates to a product that has value compelling? When it is, the marketing can begin. Marketing your purpose has three components:
- Sell yourself (Are you convinced you have Father’s heart? That what you are doing has value?)
- Does it resonate with your others? Does it engage your leadership team?
- Now you can expand to your customers and clients and get results.
All businesses sell something. But the only thing people buy is transformation into their book. Marketing is just the logic that connects their purpose/book with what you’re selling. They are connecting with you via the purpose in your Heart. It’s not that hard. We all want to buy a connection with Father, and our worship is finishing His work, playing our role. We’re all buying our Kingdom identity.
Where do we get it – Jesus redeemed a meal ticket for us at Father’s table. Father loves to share His heart and the wisdom of His strategy with His sons and daughters. Each of us has a brand foundation in doing what the Father is doing. It looks different individually, yet it has the same charismatic draw. When we encounter people who co-labor with their Father, we want to join them (get some!). Kingdom is compelling because sons doing what their Father does is powerful and inviting. Their charisma is appealing. Brands are not built by self-promotion, they come from staying true to the story Father wrote in your book, true to the desires He wrote in your heart. Our brand flows through our personality, don’t be ashamed of it.
Jn 12:32 If I be lifted up I will draw all men (marketing, by doing what Father is doing)
Your billboard – The clarity and simplicity of your Kingdom purpose is your brand. It’s our job to post it on a prophetic sign, so other people can see it. Marketing has a thousand different means of delivery. But your brand’s message has one clear direction with a prophetic unction that invites the rest of us to join you, help you, and buy from you. Why? Because we like who you are and what you’re doing, not just what you sell! You have a reputation in Heaven for who you are and what you do, your book! That’s your brand on earth.
What’s so great about pillows and slippers? Nothing, the difference is the purpose that fuels Mike Lindell. He is a cause. Everyone knows his cause and his pillows because his heart priorities drive his marketing. He’s not wearing religion on his sleeve, but in a healthy way, he is engaged in the Kingdom, our culture, and his business. He communicates all three through his personal reputation, which is actually his brand!
Crowds gathered around Jesus wherever He went. He spoke words of life with authority. He has a totally different sound compared to the religion of the day. His living words were confirmed with signs that followed, and he always did one thing – whatever His Father was doing. People could tell! We can do it too!
Your Marketing Strategy is straightforward. Put the Kingdom first, and everything you need will be added (Mt 6). The genius of a compelling brand is that it’s God who makes us visible and promotes our business. So, our marketing strategy is to put Him first. How? Father loves it when we co-labor with what’s in His heart and in our hearts. Righteousness isn’t doing good works; it’s being on the same page with Him.
Gen 12:2 – I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. NIV
1 Cor 3:6-7 – I planted the seed, Apollo watered it, but God made it grow. NIV
Ps 2:8 – Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.
Ps 75:6-7 – For not from the east, nor from the west, Nor from the desert comes exaltation; 7 But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another. NASU
How does this strategy affect our customers? Like Simon says, “People buy your why.” The intangible impact of connecting the dots between your purpose, story, and brand has a hidden value that draws people. They can tell when you’re doing what Father does. There is something prophetic and compelling about you and your business they want to “buy.” Their hearts are saying I would like to do this too. I want this! They are buying into your purpose. You are marketing your book (Ps 139:15-16) and resonating prophetically with their book.
Doing What Father Is Doing – Tobe is a friend in the restaurant business. We’re working on connecting his purpose, story, brand, and results (see graphic). I love his tag line, “We serve Life.” The life is in doing what Father does! It points at the intangible he and his staff carry. It’s the food that feeds them. And it’s the “life” he’s serving his city. His intangible is the hidden manna! He’s finishing His Father’s work. Kingdom is contagious. It’s the pearl people want to buy, along with the food!
- Jn 4:32 I have food to eat you know not of
- Jn 4:34 My meat is to the will of Him that sent me and to finish His work
- Rev 2:17 to Him that overcomes will I give hidden manna
PS: If you would like to see more of his purpose and business, Tobe’s story is here. He’s alive!
Summary – All of this leads somewhere! Father is taking us through a progression that starts with our Kingdom purpose and works its way through our life story, personality, brand, community, and business. It’s exciting! Your purpose or Book is your brand. The key is getting your story in writing and distilling it down to a prophetic tag line that is compelling and contagious. See the progression?
Stage (Progression to a Kingdom Business Culture) Metric
- Purpose (Clarity, sharing Father’s heart, doing what He is doing) Mind Map
- Aspirations (when your dream(s) come true, how will it feel, look?) Aspirations
- Story (the context, Father’s purpose in our past, present, and future) Story & Video
- Accusations (Sons trading legal accusations for Books and decrees) Courts & Council
- Brand (Reputation, identity, who you are and where you’re going) Prophetic Tag line
- Marketing (Evangelism, enthusiasm for your call / book) Enthusiasm
- Harvest (When your Team runs with Clarity, Clients, & Cash Flow) Success Stories
- Tribe (Vulnerability, We know our Co-workers book, Help build it) Transparency
Resources – The purpose of Heaven for each of us is already written in your heart and can be seen and heard in the Council. Your business can shift from a Christian business full of obedient servants to a Kingdom business full of creative and industrious sons who make a difference. We help people and businesses get their prophetic purpose in writing and then make it happen on earth. Taste and see! Tools to get started are here:
- Intentional Reformation Intro (A free diagnostic you will enjoy along with our purpose & Values)
- Nail your Purpose Field Guide (A place to start clarifying your heart’s desires)
- OnlineHeartPlan.com (Our web site and online Courses)
- USA Book (proof we can get our arms around the books of people, businesses, and nations
Other books by John S Garfield are available on Amazon:
- Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace (2004)
- Desire to Destiny – Seven Keys to Your Marketplace Ministry (2007)
- Seers and Doers: Sons Bringing Heaven to Earth (2018)
- Intentional Reformation – A Roadmap to Change Yourself and the World (2020)
- Intentional Reformation Primer – 5-Step Roadmap to Make Your Dream Come True (2020)
- Healing for Warriors: Connecting Your Purpose and Your Health (2020)
- Lead Your Tribe Field Guide (2021)
- Let’s Build a Kingdom Business (2022)
- Find our free blog at ReleasingKings.com; Courses at www.OnlineHeartPlan.com