My personal purpose in life flows from the desires God wrote in my heart and the activities that naturally result. Fruit always flows from our hearts – good and bad. The following is a list of symptoms of not having a purpose, then a list of fruit when we do have purpose. It’s usually not black or white. Most of us are trying to clarify our purpose and put our hearts into action. We all see ourselves in these symptoms – what life is like with and without purpose. With is better! That’s why we love helping people connect with the purpose God wrote in their hearts and then a plan to implement it (www.OnlineHeartPlan.com).
When Purpose is Missing?
- Not in touch with purpose written in my own heart. All that’s left is “self”
- My message
- My ministry, my gifts. my talents, my personality, my opinions
- My money
- My motivation and my self-effort
- My health, my family, my vacation, my hobbies
- My anxiety and exhaustion; from trying to control my future
- My Loneliness – the emotion God feels for me when I’m not co-laboring with Him
- Other people can tell you don’t “hear” them (or their hearts)
- Not connected with my own heart / purpose
- Not emotionally available for relationships, communication
- Inflicting others with “my gifts and my message” out of my identity needs
- We, and those we help, fall back into “old ways” in the absence purpose
- Ministry to others doesn’t lead to permanent results – “Why” is missing
- Mt 12:45 seven other spirits return with the original problem
- Trying to “help” other people without connecting them to their purpose doesn’t last
- It wears us out – there is no point, no cause, fruit doesn’t last
- People we help have no ongoing reason to help themselves
- Counseling codependency – the mutual benefit of unsolved problems
- Autocratic leadership – trying to drive others from my purpose, instead of theirs
- Rabbit trails we substitute for Purpose
- Being my “best self”
- Miracles (Rev 16:14, Mt. 7:21-24)
- God’s presence, mysticism, meetings
- Revival, evangelism, heaven, ascension
- False flag messages, hype, ideologies (Spiritual global warming)
- Heroes – preaching, prophecies, becoming a conference junkie
- Organizational serfdom in that which is another man’s, “Man’s approval”
When I Do Connect with the Purpose in my Heart
- I get connected with a higher purpose much larger than me (Reformation)
- I feel carried by the “wind” of God; Divine appointments are normal
- It’s easy to Put the Kingdom First – it’s wonderful
- Miracles, money, and personal excellence are all by byproducts of purpose
- I feel connected to the Father and His purpose
- Scales are removed from my Seer gift; personal visions to national strategies
- I’m in a tribe of likeminded people who love different facets of similar purpose
- I can easily hear the hearts of others and love connecting them to their purpose
- I know people and love them at a much deeper level
- I’m available and I’m having fun while I “overdeliver”
- When I do help people connect with their purpose
- They “overcome” their own problems with very little help from me
- I watch their hearts delight and ignite as they become “Joshua and Caleb”
- They go on to new heights and exceed my expectations
- I’m energized by the whole process! It’s amazing
- I am taken back by how much they love me back for setting them free
- People not only get results from purpose, but find others and form their own tribe
- The passion component of purpose is very contagious – raving fans!
- It becomes obvious the Father is promoting them
- Exploring the depths and fruit of my own purpose
- Blessings get added
- I can see strategies for my business and my nation (Father’s perspective)
- Leaves me with a hunger for the council (Seers-and-Doers.com)
- Even when setbacks occur, my purpose and direction remain intact (bigger than me)
- Resistance and rejection seem like a small price to pay for all this glory
- I regard it as my greatest privilege to play this role in His Kingdom
- I often hear “well done” and “I’m proud of you”
When Jesus says man does not live by bread alone (Mt. 4:4, Deut. 8:3), He’s pointing to the actions that flow out of the purpose in our heart. The Hebrew meaning of word that proceeds isn’t just words, its actions and products! The Greek context of the same phrase is: every word (Rhema) that proceeds (Ekporeuomai, G1607) means to depart, be discharged, proceed, project. There is no such thing as a rhema word without an action. Revelation always comes with the wisdom to implement it (Eph 1:17). That’s why Paul says the Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk or words, but the power to do works (1 Cor. 4:20). Purpose does something; purpose works. What you do matters! It flows out of your purpose.
Deut 8:3 – man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds (H4161) from the mouth of the Lord NKJV
H4161 (Motsaw) – A going forth, an act of egress, hence a source or product
Num 33:2 – And Moses wrote their goings out (H4161) according to their journeys by the commandment of the LORD: and these are their journeys according to their goings out (H4161). KJV
John 4:34 – My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. NIV
Phil 3:12-14 – I admit that I haven’t yet acquired the absolute fullness that I’m pursuing, but I run with passion into his abundance so that I may reach the purpose that Jesus Christ has called me to fulfill and wants me to discover. I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus. Passion Translation
You’re Invited (to the dance) – We’ve developed two online courses to bring prophetic and practical clarity to your purpose, vocation or business and a success path to seeking the Father in the courts of heaven and the council. It’s an experience with the Father and a relational tribe that works.
Stories from this tribe are here.
- The Heart Plan ($997) – (OnlineHeartPlan.com) will help you fish your purpose out of the deep waters of your heart and get it in writing. Watch the free videos. You can take this class anytime or wait for the next round, and we’ll go through it again as a group with weekly zoom calls (Started September 13). The Heart Plan is based on the ideas in Releasing Kings.
Prov. 20:5 – The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out.
- Seers and Doers ($997) – (Seers-and-Doers.com) will help you navigate the courts and council of Heaven with your Father and the Spirit of Wisdom in a practical way. Start with Seers and Doers via Amazon.com.
Ps. 84:7 – They go from strength to strength, every one of them appears before God in Zion. NASU
- Scaling up to a Wealth Mentality ($97) – is our newest self-help course. We think you’ll enjoy it. Great lead up to the Heart Plan.
John 4:34 – “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. NIV
John 5:36-37 – “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. NIV
John 9:4 – As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. NIV
John 17:4 – I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. KJV