One of the distinctives of this Kingdom age is that sons have purpose. We are not serfs measuring our spiritual prowess by obedience. We share our Father’s heart, and we’re co-laboring on a dream that is in my heart. Our exploits flow from entrepreneurial adventure and a spirit of wisdom from having been in the Council. Purpose operating in individual hearts is the engine of God’s Reformation of nations. It is this hour’s revolution.
2 Cor 3:17-18 – Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. NIV
Disengagement and mischief – When we aren’t in touch with our purpose, our hearts are a little bored and disconnected. That disengagement always leads to some form of mischief. Our hearts are searching for meaning and fulfillment in all the wrong places. Adultery and Idolatry may be a bit strong, but when we are not connected to our Kingdom purpose, the mischief is in that direction. Expect it! The wages for not knowing our hearts or the heart of those around us is missing the mark and missing life. Tragedy is the predictable result.
Hearts disconnected from purpose always perform below expectations. Serfs offer the minimum acceptable level of obedience from their disengagement in the workplace. “Mischief” is somewhere in their lives. Even busyness can be a carnal appetite.
Lastly, the mischief is not cured by business carrots and sticks that don’t motivate. Our staff is motivated when they are invited to engage in things than matter, Purpose! Especially when it overlaps with the purpose God wrote in their heart.
There is nothing quite so useless,
as doing with great efficiency,
something that should not be done at all.
Engaged with purpose – The measure of sonship is purpose. Is the purpose that Father wrote in our hearts known and celebrated? It’s a realm of self-motivation that doesn’t rely on accountability from others. We can multiply our talents and routinely hear “well done” in this life! We are naturally industrious, creative, enthusiastic, visionary, and entrepreneurial. Father is also enthusiastic about working with us; we feel his wind in our sails as anointing, divine appointments, and miraculous intervention in business. It’s fun!
How do I find my purpose – This jailbreak from disengagement to purpose is thrilling. Why doesn’t everyone “engage?” Our “religious” heritage focuses on obedient servants whose hearts cannot be trusted. We serfs and servants have thousands of years of theological training and practical precedence to overcome. It’s not easy!
The first step is giving your heart permission to dream: 1) What would you like to do? 2) How can I help you take the next step? That answer iterates with what’s in the Father’s heart by asking Him the same two questions: 1) What would you like to do? 2) How can I help you take the next step?
The sweet spot is where my and Father’s heart overlap. I am not a spiritual robot, yet my first choice is doing what my Father does (Jn 5:19). He’s already written it in my heart. My DNA aligns with my calling (Book) and my heart’s desires. My heart comes alive when I go down that path (so do my marriage and business). It just works. People have books, and we are wired to fulfill a purpose. We still must choose it, but it’s not that hard to find, and it’s not a difficult choice to make!
The context – We are in a reformation of people being released into purpose (sonship). Businesses and nations also have a purpose, and we can flow in that direction. When we do cooperate with purpose on those levels, cultures, countries, and capitalism thrive in a way that changes and blesses the world. Blessing nations is the great commission of Christianity. You’re invited to play a role (Intentional Reformation).
- Gen. 12:2-3 I will make you into a great nation… all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.
- Deut. 32:8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance
- Ps. 2:8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance
- Ps. 72:11 All kings will fall down before You; All nations shall serve You.
- Ps. 82:8-9 Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance.
- Ps. 86:9 All the nations you have made will come and worship before you… they will bring glory to your name.
- Ps. 115:16 The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to man.
- Matt. 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations… teaching them to obey (do)
- Mark 11:17 My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.
- Acts 14:16 In the past, he let all nations go their own way
- Rev. 5:9 with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe, language, people, and nation.
- Rev. 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.
- Rev. 15:4 For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you
We coach Business leaders to turn the corner to Kingdom Purpose in Business. Here’s the roadmap.
If you enjoyed this blog, see Connecting My Heart | Releasing Kings.
Cutting room floor
The Power of Motivation by Daniel Pink (Ted Talk) – Spiritual Automation
Carrots and Sticks (Extrinsic) – (vs) – Purpose (intrinsic motivation)
- Purpose – Doing what Father does; Kingdom purpose that makes a difference
That is prophetically correct, written in the desires or my heart (higher purpose)
- Autonomy – I am working within my metron, carrying responsibility
- Mastery – I’m deploying my gifts and talents with excellence
If/then rewards often destroy creativity
- “Rewards/punishments” presume people are hamsters; servants fulfilling my agenda
- Share the corporate purpose and find the overlap in Staff hearts
- Then ask what motivates them? What’s their purpose?
Motivation (that works) = the drive to do things because they matter (for everyone)
- They relate to my and Father’s Kingdom purpose – it’s important!
- They resonate prophetically in my heart as “my purpose”
- It confirms my “Sonship” – a kingdom theme in Father’s heart right now
- It’s Collaboration between Father and Sons on Reformation of Nations
Blessing People, Businesses, and Nations
The very best leverage any business owner/CEO has is on his/her mind map.
Acts 17:28 In Him we live (have life), and move (create movements), and have our being (belonging).
Motivated Participate in Reformation Tribe
From Rick “My favorite reviewer”
responses in red
“This jailbreak from disengagement to purpose is thrilling. Why doesn’t everyone “engage?” Our “religious” heritage focuses on obedient servants whose hearts cannot be trusted. Serfs and servants have thousands of years of theological training and practical precedence to overcome. It’s not easy!”
- Isn’t any obedience reflective of servanthood? If you hear the Father give you any direction, how can the proper response be anything other than obedience? Thus, back to servanthood?
It’s conversational, I expect Him to have the purpose, but there are many things about implementation open for my initiative.
- Isn’t hearing direction in the council just another form of God commanding, then producing obedient servants? Is it truly a “council” where God seeks direction/ideas/uniqueness?
its relational, 2-way conversation. There is room for my ideas, even if they are not the best ones. once in a while they are!
- Isn’t our/my problem much more than religious heritage? Isn’t the majority of all our concepts of God the detractor. Just look at the names we use; how do you reconcile “God,” “Creator, “King,” “Judge,” and “Lord” with “Father?” I think the real struggle in me is reconciling God giving me free reign, allowing that freedom to cause all kinds of pain, and then “supposedly” working out all things for the good.
God “wins” when my initiative matches his; the whole point of redeeming/restoring sons. When it’s right, it’s light and freedom and fruit (not pain)
- If the Holy Spirit whispers a strategy, aren’t we back to obedience?
It’s communication with a son. i can ask questions and volunteer for stuff (obedience doesn’t describe that)
- God lets me do things but is there value in just me? Am I not just a cog in the infinite wheel of God’s machinations?
I’m created in His image, yet a distinct entity. There is value. Father is proud of His sons. Jesus is proud to call us brothers! His redemption was that good!
As you can see by my meditations here the challenge seems much more complex than religious authorities historically always trying to create servants.
Agree, but there is some DNA-level connection with our past
The only way I can fully accept the reality of the value of being a son is seeing God say to my idea, or desire – “Nice job Rick, I hadn’t thought of that.” Wow, heretical!
Agree (whether or not it had crossed God’s mind doesn’t diminish the value of a good idea, nor does it mean He already imposed it)
My brain embraces being a son, but my heart has not yet found a way to walk there.
And – shouldn’t it be easy, or easiness irrelevant? God expected the Israelites in a few short months to be ready to inherit the land after 400 years of slavery. I often feel like the Israelites focusing on the evil report instead of seeing the huge grapes and remembering the past deliverances and blessings.
Great point – it should be easy, in my mind it is fairly easy. I’m invested in making that point. I should probably reference you?
“The sweet spot is where my and Father’s heart overlap. I am not a spiritual robot, yet my first choice is doing what my Father does (Jn 5:19). He’s already written it in my heart. My DNA aligns with my calling (Book) and my heart’s desires.”
Isn’t John 5:19 saying that Jesus is only a robot?
Jesus was on the same page of purpose with purpose but fulfilled that purpose with way more initiative than we imagine.
- Jn 5:22 the Father judges no one but has entrusted all judgment to the son
- Jn 5:26 the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.
- 5:27 and he has given him authority to judge…
- Jn 20:22-23 Receive the Holy Spirit. if you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins will be forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.
Does this mean He is giving judgment to us too?
It is tough to not see how following something already written in your heart is not being a robot. Following a ”Book” is something already planned. Isn’t that still only a servant?
- it’s the script, not the end of the story, the blueprint, not the house.
- the conversations are in part about all the changes during construction, the mid-course corrections.
- there are a 1000 ways to fulfill one purpose.