The most exciting part of Kingdom business is getting to do what Father is doing (Jn 5:19). A Good business model is repeatable and reproduceable. We consistently provide value in goods or services to others for a profit. It doesn’t take long before the new wears off our business and the whole process can get repetitive and boring. We often hear businesspeople explain that they are not sure if their business is their real spiritual calling. For many, a business can just be a ticket to create time and money to do something else. That formula is a popular misconception because purpose is where Kingdom business starts.
Am I cooperating with my own purpose? – The foundation for leadership in business is authenticity. Father wrote a purpose in your heart. Our ability to connect and cooperate with that theme defines our identity. God wired us to have dreams and aspirations. A fundamental aspect of being sons and daughters in the Kingdom is that we are not afraid to contend for our assignment; it should show up as ambition. Kingdom business starts when we give ourselves permission to pursue the desire Father wrote in our hearts. You can’t get there trying to obey your way through someone else’s directions. It has to be authentically, “What did Father write in my heart?”
What is my purpose? – Since purpose is not one size fits all, we are each left with the Lord to try and articulate something that prophetically resonates and motivates us. It’s not easy, but if you accept theologically that you have a purpose, the process of finding it becomes possible. We created the Nail Your Purpose Field Guide to help.
Once you have some clarity on your own dream or purpose, you will find that your business is probably an expression of that same theme. Here’s where the magic starts! Your purpose is prophetically motivating. There will be something in the hearts of people in your business that will resonate with that purpose (Staff, partners, customers, clients, etc.). They will engage in Kingdom purpose with you. That is the genius of a Kingdom business. We are cooperating with something Father is doing and inviting others to do it too. It’s fun and it bears amazing fruit.
When we start with purpose and people, we are laying a foundation for those same people to contribute with “their ministry.” If their hearts engage in Father’s purpose, we are releasing a creative and productive ingredient in their contribution. The value they add from their own hearts is what causes the business to multiply. Profit is a result, not a goal. If we set our hearts on purpose and people, a profitable business is a natural result.
Business is a ministry; Purpose is your superpower – We are inviting people into the realm of doing what Father is doing. Kingdom business is a delight, not a sacrifice. It’s a privilege to start one. Kingdom business blesses people, cities, and nations. It is Father’s strategy for Reformation. Nations are high on Father’s radar. As sons, we are blessing nations and laying them at our Father’s feet as an act of worship. Heaven is His throne; the earth is His footstool (Isa 66:1).
- To help people clarify (and be carried by) the purpose God wrote in their hearts,
- So that they contribute to an organic reformation of 1) People, 2) Businesses, and 3) Nations.
- To: Build Sons and their Kingdom Businesses the way we build homes
- So that: Reformation comes to their Staff, City, and Nation
- To: Create a strong Culture of Employee leadership Development while providing the freshest products and most enthusiastic service to our communities.
- So That: Employees can be awakened to what God wrote in their hearts
- To: Pull businesspeople into their hearts and books (Father’s heart)
- So that: They play their role to overflow and inherit their Nation
Resources – The purpose of Heaven for each of us is already written in your heart and can be seen and heard in the Council. Your business can shift from a Christian business full of obedient servants to a Kingdom business full of creative and industrious sons who make a difference. We help people and businesses get their prophetic purpose in writing and then make it happen on earth. Taste and see! Tools to get started are here:
- Intentional Reformation Intro (A free diagnostic you will enjoy along with our purpose & Values)
- Nail your Purpose Field Guide (A place to start clarifying your heart’s desires)
- OnlineHeartPlan.com (Our web site and online Courses)
- USA Book (proof we can get our arms around the books of people, businesses, and nations
Other books by John S Garfield are available on Amazon:
- Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace (2004)
- Desire to Destiny – Seven Keys to Your Marketplace Ministry (2007)
- Seers and Doers: Sons Bringing Heaven to Earth (2018)
- Intentional Reformation – A Roadmap to Change Yourself and the World (2020)
- Intentional Reformation Primer – 5-Step Roadmap to Make Your Dream Come True (2020)
- Healing for Warriors: Connecting Your Purpose and Your Health (2020)
- Lead Your Tribe Field Guide (2021)
- Let’s Build a Kingdom Business (2022)
- Find our free blog at ReleasingKings.com; Courses at www.OnlineHeartPlan.com