When people first encounter Jesus they ask the two questions below. First, I want the relationship and the promise of heaven. Salvation is an amazing experience of sensing God for the first time. It’s never just an intellectual decision, although we do decide for Jesus. The next question of how to live out my life starts the real adventure implied by the Gospel of the Kingdom. We get to play a role as sons bringing heaven to earth.
1) What must I do to be saved? – Invite the relationship of grace. You don’t have to earn it with works. Tell Jesus you want to be His friend (John 15:15). Christianity is not a religion to be believed, it is a relationship to be experienced and a meaning-full story to be lived.
Rom 10:9-11 – That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”
2) How shall we then live? – Out of that ‘conversational’ relationship.
- Reading the Bible (and experience the Bible reading you!).
- Learning to hear the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
- Seeing what Father is doing (Jn. 5:19) and doing it with Him.
- An awareness of what is in your book (calling or destiny), your story Ps. 139:15-16
And the very best part is hearing Father God say well done because you did something with Him and you both saw the fruit. The path of life into kingdom of God is open now! The party has already started. Jesus paid for our abundance life (Jn. 10:10). Like Joshua and Caleb, Sons are all possessing our lives and our nations (our land).
Ps 16:5-11 – You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. NIV
We are all Heroes on a Mission
I don’t believe you can experience meaning by studying meaning any more than you can experience love by studying dopamine levels that induce the euphoria of romantic infatuation. To experience meaning you have to step into a meaningful story. You have to take action. You have to be the hero! The story you’re stepping into isn’t generic, it’s Your Story written in Your Book.
Matt 28:20 – teaching them to observe (implement) all that I commanded you NASU
James 2:17 – faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. NIV
Eph 2:10 – For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. NIV
Ps 139:15-16 – My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. NIV
We help businesses with a heart for people ‘see’ their book and live their dream. More here:
- Nail your Purpose Field Guide (A place to start clarifying your heart’s desires)
- Intentional Reformation Intro (A diagnostic you will enjoy along with our purpose & Values)
- OnlineHeartPlan.com (Our web site, Courses on Zoom)
- The USA Book (proof we can get our arms around the books of people, businesses, and nations)