The challenges of leadership in any mountain of culture are like giants in our land. Before we talk about milk and honey, let’s address some of the hurdles business owners, and managers face. Most leaders are already familiar with and challenged by these same issues. They sincerely want answers that make a difference, not lectures on their failure points. Instead of shaming failures, could you show me how?
- Time – How can I create the time to make my staff feel valued?
What it feels like – I don’t have the bandwidth. I can’t keep up with all the changes. I want our community to be strong and positive, but something is off. I can’t do it all, feels like everything depends on me, Others don’t understand the pressure I’m under
- Problem people – How can I help people who don’t enjoy their work?
What it looks like – Disengagement, turnover, Irresponsible, blame culture, poor morale, lack of cohesion/teamwork, poor alignment, poor coaching, doing just enough to get by
- Middle manager apathy – How can I help my managers communicate our passion?
What they sound like – Isn’t it clear!? I know what the vision is! I don’t know how to make it more clear; procedure compliance is mandatory! Why can’t they worry about delivering and doing their jobs? I don’t know what the vision is (you’re in real trouble if you hear this one). Why is something as esoteric as vision such a big deal?
- Vision – How can I put authenticity in our vision? Get our team on the same page?
The root issue – 70% of the workforce worldwide is disengaged. If people don’t view their contribution as meaningful or motivational, their company may not have a clear purpose. So business owners don’t have to struggle to build a motivated team and grow their business, instead:
- Leaders can articulate a meaningful purpose that resonates with staff and customers. Does the staff buy the story I’m selling? How do I know?
- Leaders can invest in their team to help them grow into their unique purpose.
- Leaders can learn to leverage the powerful connection between the dreams of employees and the purpose of their organization; what they can do together (Honoring one another).
- Leaders can create a culture that supports their team both personally and professionally with an awareness that people don’t want to be fixed, they want to be found; they welcome help discovering their heart’s desires.
- Leaders can be intentional about giving people permission to dream, room to innovate.
The Offer From Heaven (Milk and Honey)
Companies that listen to the hearts of staff and management experience high levels of employee engagement, improved retention, and a dynamic culture of shared purpose. They also attract incredible talent because their cultures value initiative and intuition. We all want to be: 1) part of an important cause, 2) make a valuable contribution, and 3) to be part of a thriving and relational tribe that celebrates success and learns from failure.
Intentional reformation is built on a culture of fathering dreams in people. Business is a golden opportunity to mentor the greatness in your staff and reap the rewards of shared purpose in a tribe who have fun, make money, and love people. We are on the eve of a cultural norm where everyone can connect with their heart and make a contribution that is thrilling! Its something our Father is doing.
Ps 139:15-16 – My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. NIV
Every person and business is unique, but we follow some general principles to find the purpose in the hearts of leaders and their teams. First, people need time and permission to articulate their deepest objectives. We’ve all had several thousand years of programming to be servants, and now a jail cell door is open, but the courage to come out is an internal door that must also open. It starts will intellectual possibilities and grows to dreams rooted more deeply in our hearts as our authenticity and transparency mature. Just do you is something most of us are just learning! However, it’s the funest place on earth! Authenticity can be a normal part of your business. It feels like love!
The challenge of your Book, Brand, and Culture is,
- Can we get our purpose (book) in writing, and is it prophetically correct? Does it attract?
- Can we create a culture that honors the purpose in other people’s hearts? Allow them to be themselves, their best selves?
- If we can articulate a business purpose, then staff and friends will contribute to it, customers will buy it, and a tribe will form around it.
- Brand – When you add meaning and purpose to others, they will love you back and add value to your business and life.
We help businesses with a heart for people to get their book in writing to live their dream. More here:
- Intentional Reformation Intro (A diagnostic you will enjoy along with our purpose & Values)
- OnlineHeartPlan.com (Our web site, Courses on Zoom)
- Nail your Purpose Field Guide (A place to start clarifying your heart’s desires)
- The USA Book (proof we can get our arms around the books of people, businesses, and nations)