The video is here.
I recently had a divine appointment with a video on the difference between function and purpose. We are not just created for functions like intimacy, fellowship, worship, etc. We do those things because that’s how we’re wired as sons, but we are created for purpose and works.
Eph 2:10 – “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” NIV
Functions (how we do things) – love, fruits & gifts of spirit, wealth creation, worship, intimacy, miracles
Purpose (why we do things) – nations, our book
Things like wealth creation always follows purpose. We can’t make money a goal. Goals are built around our purpose and the value it creates for others (ministry and business are the same thing). Wealth is added when I put the Kingdom first. The Lord has me in a place of grasping purpose and exercising faith or trust in Him for the wealth to make it happen. How we function is not confused with what we do. We always function from a cup that overflows with love and finances and His word, but that is not what we do. We have an assignment, a race, a purpose . . . That Kingdom purpose is always larger than our bank account.
Covenant – When we understand the power of God’s blessing and how willing He is to bless Sons, things like wealth creation flow out of us just like creativity. It’s easy to make money! New ideas, opportunities, people and favor come along regularly. We just pick the best ones!
Deut. 8:17-18 – You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. NIV
Prov. 10:22 – The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it. NIV
Prov. 8:17-18 – I (wisdom) love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. NIV
Gen. 13:2 – Abram had become very wealthy in livestock and in silver and gold. NIV
Deut. 4:37-38 – Because he loved your forefathers and chose their descendants after them, he brought you out of Egypt by his Presence and his great strength, to drive out before you nations greater and stronger than you and to bring you into their land to give it to you for your inheritance, as it is today. NIV
Wisdom – This video seemed like preparation for an expanded conversation with the Lord. I imagined myself seated in heaven with Wisdom and Understanding. She gave me a key ring with several keys on it. I felt her love and patience. She spoke carefully so I would understand. I had the sense of something being imparted into my life and I asked what the keys were. This is my attempt to summarize the conversation around each key:
- Mid-course corrections – John, can you admit when you are wrong? When your course is leading to failure can you adjust? I am moving your servant mentality to “son” and “king.” It’s time to understand the difference between being led and managing your initiative in wisdom. Father is not spelling out every detail, you can’t expect everything to go perfectly. It’s time to grow up and manage your talents.
- Putting the Kingdom first and cooperating with what you are seeing the Father doing is your source of authority and confidence and initiative (the attitudes that facilitate wealth creation). You may experience failures and adjustments in the details, but your course is unchanged and unshaken. Wealth creation is a function with ups and downs; not something you worship; not something you set your heart on.
Prov. 23:5 – Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. NIV
- Listening – Protection from theft vs. the vulnerability of foolishness. Your life is hidden in Christ. You cannot fail – your Father is always redeeming your failures. He is your fortress and high tower. Your counselor is the Holy Spirit – the spirit of truth. Listen to “counsel,” He is a source of blessing. “Wisdom and Understanding” will lead you to thanksgiving and riches.
Prov 12:15 – The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. NIV
I said, “Lord I feel like a deaf person.” Wisdom immediately replied, “My sheep hear my voice.” I traded my deafness with repentance for my own ways and asked for three things: 1) Hearing your voice of truth, 2) Receiving your wisdom in my heart, and 3) Grasping understanding – a quick mind is a quickened mind.
- We can do this – The spirit of counsel and might (power) – births confidence, boldness, faith, exploits. It releases the warrior in your heart’s desire. Your attitude will always be, “We can do this.” A “wealthy” mentality is that you have value and you can create value for others.
- Learn to take small losses. You will not be right all the time. Be wise enough to admit when your approach is wrong make adjustments. It doesn’t mean “you” are wrong or your purpose is wrong. It means pick a smarter path. I’m making room for your initiative and stewardship. I’m proud of you my son.
- Expect the unexpected. Don’t be surprised by warfare, volatility, circumstances (everything is not predictable or pre-scripted). Be “unshakeable” regarding your purpose, flexible regarding “our” strategies. Make decisions in wisdom. I am not leaving you, I am making room for you to be a son.
- Come back often, live here! The council of heaven is your wellspring now. Wisdom lives here. These two verses start now!
Ps. 23:6 – “I will dwell in your house forever.” (from now on)
Heb. 12:22-24 – “But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.”
If you’re one of those young lions hungry to birth a reformation in the Netherlands, contact Marcel van den Berg http://opzoeknaarhetkoninkrijk.nl/
Podcast #5 with Tyler McCart
Podcast #3 and #4 Micro-church– The most recent interviews with Shae Bynes
Podcast #1 and Podcast #2 – fun interviews with Steve Reiter and John Ramstead
Books – Releasing Kings and Desire to Destiny
Heart Plan in Europe – HeartPlan.eu
For those of you who own a Business, join Larry Nault and myself at Building A Kingdom Company.
If you’re in education, please get acquainted with David Nycz at http://www.educationviaheart.com/
Releasing Kings is available in French “Libération des Rois pour le ministère dans le monde du travail” ISBN: 978-90-78643-08-1
Releasing Kings is available in Dutch “Moderne Koningen”