The video is here.
There is something brand new in the air. New ideas, new agendas and new initiatives are being released that are blessing people and cultures around the world. I really believe it’s in the context of a Kingdom reformation that will bless people and nations. This reformation includes another renaissance in science, education, the arts, economies, and our cultures. Kings are leading this move and prophetic creativity plays a huge role in unveiling the excellence, competence and glory of God. There is a clear connection between creativity in our mountain and worship with our Father. We were designed for it!
Most of us don’t think of ourselves as particularly prophetic or creative. I want to suggest that tapping into what God is saying prophetically is, 1) a life skill for all of us and, 2) the root of creativity. If we are receptive, creative ideas drop in on us like flashes of light. It’s our responsibility to nurture that idea until it grows up and becomes something we can articulate in words and then implement in actions. The initial revelation is normally incomplete (we know in part and prophecy in part). Co-laboring with Jesus is collaborating on the idea all the way through implementation. I don’t personally believe God requires that ideas originate with Him. I think He’s delighted when His kids are creative like He is.
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Gen 1:26-28
Being creative implies adopting a lifestyle of “risk.” We must be comfortable being vulnerable while entertaining new ideas and responsible while fleshing them out. That won’t happen unless your theology allows some mistakes… perfection is the time-honored enemy of creativity. Starting the prophetic / creative process is about as messy as your first driving lesson! Getting comfortable with it is like flying a fighter jet – it’s fun!
There are five levels of risk we navigate in the creative process:
- Identity, I’m creative and God speaks to me – We are all created in God’s image to be personally creative. The favor, authority and influence that gives us impact in our calling and culture flow right out of our grace for personal creativity. We all have a metron (a measure of faith in our own sphere or mountain) that is uniquely us. We are no longer just obedient servants, we are invited to be Jesus’ friend and know the Father’s business… and play a role in carrying out that business. We’ve been given a kingly status to rule with Him and operate in His authority.
- I’m fruitful and brave, I have something – When I get an idea, I don’t just keep it to myself. I expect it to grow up and make a difference in my world. I’ll share it with the expectation that it will multiply and produce fruit that other people will cherish. I’m willing to be vulnerable when my revelation falls flat and try again… not matter how many times it takes. I’m a responsible steward of the idea that’s been given to me. My idea is sacred, but not a sacred cow, and I expect mid-course corrections. We’re not afraid of the favor, authority, influence, promotion and finances that come with my good ideas. God want us to bless nations and to make our name great (Gen 12:2-3)
- I’m teachable, in need of my team – It always takes teamwork to make a dream work. Plans really do fail for lack of wise counsel. The creative process goes through at least four layers of “other” creative people who are very different from the original owner:
- The originator – my baby that was prophetically imparted
- The advancer – the first people to recognize, organize and network it with other resources
- The refiner – the “engineer” who critiques it with practical wisdom (hated by the originator)
- The project manager – The guy who makes it happen in the marketplace.
- I’m multiplying, creative marketing – God looked at His creation and said, “it’s good” – so do we! We place value on what we create and believe in the practical and spiritual worth of our idea and assignment. We are not deterred by detractors or warfare, we “subdue” them. I am “fruitful and increase in number.”
- I have a destiny, distribution – I’m releasing my creativity to the world to “fill the earth” with His glory. Seeing the fruit from my own creativity feels like worship. I know it pleases my Father, and I can hear Him saying, “well done, my son.” And, if you haven’t already figured it out, there is a connection between being creative and creating wealth… that allows you to be even more creative.
Creativity is a lifestyle of worship and warfare and love that blesses people and nations. You’re invited! It’s already written in your heart and it will be your biggest thrill to do what the Father is doing. You will never want to retire from being creative. If you enjoyed this topic, you will also enjoy Exercising Your Idea Muscle and this video by Dan MacCollam (60 min).
Podcast #5 with Tyler McCart
Education Tools – David Nycz Interview http://releasingkings.com/david-nycz/
Heart Plan in Europe – HeartPlan.eu
The Dutch 7 Mountain Web site – http://mymountainmovement.com/
Releasing Kings is available in French
“Libération des Rois pour le ministère dans le monde du travail”
Releasing Kings is available in Dutch