The video version of this newsletter is here.
With the advent of social media, viral ideas have the ability to travel the world at a much faster pace. The Utopian theory is that this global exchange of ideas would foster enlightenment and unity around the world… I think it does, to some extent. It’s also a forum for ideas of the heart which are not changed by reason or facts or debate. Some concepts, both good and bad, are held by vast groups of people who share a common heart motivation to believe them… political beliefs, environmentalism, humanism, new age, conspiracy theories, religion, etc. Many of these deeply held beliefs have roots far deeper than intellectual reason. Hearts are not changed by debate, whether it is friendly or heated, for the simple reason that hearts are not changed by minds; it’s the other way around.
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. . Col 2:8 NIV
Ideas have power – History has shown that armies and control are no match for beliefs of the heart. Things like terrorism have roots in religious ideals, and must be overcome by winning the war of ideas. Good and God ideas cannot be crucified and buried; they rise again. The reason that ideas have power and take root in the hearts of men is two-fold: 1) Our hearts can be fertile ground for either truth or deception, and 2) Those philosophies have roots in either the Kingdom of God or the kingdom of darkness. We can change hearts and change the world; we just can’t do it with wise and persuasive words. Hearts change from “experiences” both good and bad.
I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power. 1 Cor 2:3-5 NIV
Jesus explained truth in the context of the miraculous. There is not one instance of the good news being shared in the gospels or in Acts apart from the gifts of the Spirit. That doesn’t mean that we put our focus entirely on signs and wonders, but it does mean that God confirms his word with signs and wonders.
Hearts are easy to change – My suggestion is that we admit to ourselves that other people are not all that interested in what we think or say or preach. Some believe that what we do is most important. It does speak a little louder, but most people don’t care what you do either! We cannot talk or work our way into changing anyone.
What hearts do respond to is hearing God’s voice. When we prophetically articulate something that God is already saying to a person or a group of people, their hearts resonate with His words. When we do something that God is already doing, others can step into the “experience.” It might be the sense of being loved unconditionally or it might be participating in something miraculous, some evidence of His presence and power.
Paul was an absolute zealot for the wrong team. God spoke to him with some accompanying signs, and Paul changed both his heart and mind “quickly.” The same is true for all of us. The experience of hearing His voice and feeling His power is the language of every heart. Some will respond immediately, some will respond eventually, and some will harden. That is their business. But our business is simply to be ambassadors who speak His words and do His deeds. People switch Kingdoms when they hear and see the reality of God… easily. This turned out to be Paul’s assignment; it is our assignment as well.
I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’ Acts 26:17-18 NIV
Kingdom ideas with legs – Darkness is best exposed by turning the lights on. Instead of arguing the intellectual wrongness of a false idea or a bad behavior, our eyes are on the Kingdom ideas that have legs and are going viral. It’s exciting and surprisingly simple, and it’s the good news of the Kingdom.
1. Dreams come true – God has written His plans uniquely into our hearts. The will of God really is a “dream come true.” Life has plenty of tests and trials, but Christianity is not a life of sacrifice and obedience. It is the most satisfying and wonderful sense of accomplishment that we can imagine. There really is a place where my dream and God’s dream are the same thing and we’re working together.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Eph 3:17-21
2. We each have a role – God is building His Kingdom and we’re invited. We are each invited to a purpose in life that is much bigger than we are.
3. Seven mountains – We really are called into full-time ministry; it’s not just in the church. We’re called to make a difference in our culture and in the nations by understanding that our work and ministry are the same thing…. In politics, education, government, business, entertainment, media, family and church.
4. Wealth creation – We are not called to live like monks. People who make a difference are being invited to create resources in their own mountain. Finances are a tool of ministry to build the Kingdom. We are net exporters of wealth and creativity. Our cups overflow both spiritually and practically. Wealth creation has a wisdom component that is new… to us.
5. Freedom – Ideas that originate with the god of this world lead to subjection, bondage and oppression. Kingdom ideas set people free to be themselves and to flourish. This lifestyle feels like righteousness, peace and joy.
Newsletter Archive – http://releasingkings.com/newsletter
Coaching Tools – http://releasingkings.com/coaching-tools/