Work – Breakfast of Champions
October 30, 2006
Releasing Kings Conference in Yakima
We’re in Yakima, WA November 10-11 for a Releasing Kings Conference. Friday night is a dinner (Sea Galley @ 6-8 PM) with the local Full Gospel Businessmen. Saturday morning the meeting is 9AM-1PM at Shiloh Christian Center (112 N Pierce Ave). John is the speaker and we’ve invited Howard & Leslie Ferris, John and Joani Laney, and Duane and Karen Smith so you’ll get a flavor of what God is doing through their “exploits.” This is going to be party and our goal is to sponsor a “jail break” in your life!
Details – Wayne Norman 509-698-3428 and Conference Brochure
Please RSVP at 509-698-3428
Directions to Shiloh – http://www.zachsoft.com/shiloh/map.php
Work -Breakfast of Champions
We work hard with our own hands. 1 Cor 4:12 NIV
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Prov 31:27 NIV
we worked night and day 2 Thess 3:8 NIV
Work is Fun – The newsletter is a day late because I spent the week with friends gathering cattle in the mountains of Washington and Idaho. It was before daylight until after dark for 3 days at a stretch… riding horses in some of the most scenic country; beautiful enough to make movies with characters noteworthy enough to star in them. Like the rest of us, ranchers basically love their way of life but occasionally forget to enjoy the moment in the heat of getting a job done. It really feels good to work hard; laugh hard; labor with people you love; and accomplish something very few people know how to do. You go to bed at night with a great sense of accomplishment and camaraderie. For an engineer like me it’s like a trip to another planet in another time.
Monday – Like most dreams, it ended after a long drive home on Sunday and it was back to work on Monday. The week was a reminder that work really is supposed to be fun. It’s not a curse left over from the fall designed to develop our character (although it may). It’s not just an evangelistic forum where we let our light shine to minister to others (although we can). God designed us to work with him to accomplish specific things which will thrill our hearts when we see them materialize.
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph 2:10 NIV
With that in mind, here are the ingredients that will make your “work” fun.
1. Work your dream – Doing the job God has for you isn’t about timecards and bills. It spending your life to accomplish your dream. We’ve each been created with a God-given attraction to our destiny. It’s our job to choose to pursue our hearts desire.
2. Work Keeps You Young – We live in a retirement oriented culture. But, if you really are working at your dream it will add years to your life and spring to your step. Christians that never make a connection with their dream eventually grow weary and give up on life. They simply never find their purpose and never experience the thrill of allowing themselves to get really excited about something. Not so for those that pursue their dream. They never do retire… they just shift to different facets of their dream; building new wings on the dream they share with the Father and the next generation that will carry the dream on after they go home.
Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits… who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Ps 103:2-5 NIV
3. Work brings prosperity – One underemphasized part of “working your dream” is the prosperity God multiplies toward us. It’s not just fun for you, it’s fun for your co-workers and customers too. When spiritually entrepreneurial people touch God they experience an amazing revelation – It’s easy to make money!
Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the LORD blessed him. 13 The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy. Gen 26:12-14 NIV
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Ps 128:2-3 NIV
4. Bless the Nations – What happens once you start working your dream and experiencing the level of prosperity that God intends? You actually live the fact that its more blessed to give than receive. Both are blessings “and” few really know how to receive as we write these words. But, God is changing that. New doors are opening for Kings and new levels of mentoring are ushering them to new levels of ministry. Kings are shaking off the false humility of poverty and learning to convert money into ministry.
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion… 2 Cor 9:11 NIV
5. How can I start – We’ve done interviews with a dozen Kings on our web site. Go to http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html and read the ones that interest you most. Then take the headings and prayerfully interview yourself by answering the questions in writing. As you connect with your dream simply convert those desires of your heart into bite-size goals that you can pray through in your devotions before you start each day. You’re giving the Holy Spirit an opportunity to lead you to the door of your breakthrough. New opportunities, new people, and new ideas will begin to flow your way.
5a. If you haven’t read Releasing Kings, get a copy and lay the foundation.
5b. Subscribe to this newsletter and check out the past issues.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold (are dancing – Join us)
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace at