Women With A Passion
December 03, 2006
Women With a Passion
I met Dawnya Sasse and Dianne Norman at the conference in Yakima. They are both entrepreneurial and both have wonderful husbands who have been wise enough to encourage their dream. Their aptitude for Kingly pursuits is not really something new. It’s been the norm for centuries in God’s economy. Check out Proverbs 31:
16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. NIV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:28-29 NIV
How Passion Starts
– As we interviewed Dianne a pattern emerged with nearly every interview we’ve completed. Dianne, and everyone else, found something they really enjoyed. In Dianne’s case it’s fellowship with other women (sisterhood, she called it), wearing jewelry, and making extra money through her network marketing business with Cookie Lee Jewelry. Dianne has a degree in psychology but its not her psychoanalysis skills that makes her tick; it’s her ability to have fun. All those women in her down line are recipients of ministry or business help whenever they want it. And, every new friend Dianne makes has to witness a Christian having fun doing what God designed her for and making money.
What’s Your Testimony
– Evangelism is a bit sticky in the West right now. Most people aren’t naturally attracted to religion even though they do have a hunger for spiritual things. Nearly all have had a knock on their door from cult members with a sales flavor which they resist. Here is what they do respond to. People like Dianne and Dawnya work in the marketplace with a few amazing differences that set them apart:
*Passion & Favor
– They are passionate about their work and the prosperity that goes with it. They are excited, enthusiastic, fun-loving… and they care about people.
– They understand their connection with God’s purpose to build the Kingdom… and they sense the Father’s permission to take some land.
– They are not “selling” to promote themselves; they are adding value to the lives of others that is worth wanting and buying. They cross the line between ministry and business so often it would make a “church / state” separation lawyer dizzy.
– Passion is like spiritual gifts – We all got some. We just need a little boost to realize it’s OK with God to pursue what He’s put in our heart’s. Allow yourself to experience the emotion of a dream come true. Just imagine it if you don’t have any past examples. Now start to build a vision for how you want your life to look (we call it faith). Sure it’s all in your head at the beginning. But, every great thing started in somebody’s head as an idea or dream. Don’t leave out any ingredients. Your dream should be an adventure, something that thrills your heart, makes your name great, and blesses the nations Gen (12:2-3).
– The only reason to start small is to match the mustard see faith we have at the beginning. If you can start big with wisdom, go for it. Here’s the key ingredient – get started. Set some kind of goal in line with your dream. Don’t be afraid of mistakes or failing to meet the goal. Failures are nearly as valuable as successes when it comes to depth sounding everything in Heaven with your name on it. The key is YOU are the only one that can release what God has planned for you. The rest of us (including God) need you to get off your duff and inherit the dream. In fact, creation itself is rooting for you.
The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. Rom 8:19 NIV
– One of the mistakes Christians make is they pray wanting and waiting on God to show them every detail. He probably won’t because he designed you to help create the details. Without selling the farm or quitting your day job just try being entrepreneurial in a way that maps with the desire of your heart.
– We’ve posted interviews with all kinds of different Kings that mix their passions, prosperity, and missions in the normal course of life. Take a look. You might see yourself.
I used to be really down on network marketing “but” it’s really a great way to get some affordable business experience because it includes free leadership training and the opportunity to earn vacations and awards. You’ll also get to hang out with other people that are successful – it’s contagious you know! Network marketing is designed to help people get involved and get the training and personal development they need to succeed. It’s an excellent place to start in business for anyone. It’s also is an excellent second income opportunity where you can learn vital business skills at low cost. Especially selling, organizing, making presentations, accounting, team building, negotiating, persuading, and communicating. 85 percent of what you need to learn to be successful in business you can learn from running a successful Network marketing business. Caution – Pick a good one with the help of someone you know and trust… Fun people and products you have some passion about.
If your first attempt doesn’t fit, trade it in on something closer to your heart that does. Your life before God is like a pair of shoes… if they don’t fit, change to a different pair.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold
– Our goal in Releasing Kings was to articulate a theological basis for Marketplace ministry such that people naturally mature toward being more entrepreneurial and more generous. Harold has continued that theme in a new book that I really enjoyed. This book is a brief explanation of Resurrection-based Christianity entitled Jesus Came Out of the Tomb, So Can You. It also appears on our Recommendations Page. There are four other books that tie closely to the chapters in Part 2 of Releasing Kings that are all worth while.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Isa 62:4-5
– The Last trip to the Netherlands was a real eye-opener! I greatly underestimated the value of our book, the impact of the message on individual lives, and the value of live conferences. I witnessed the power of God being unleashed in the hearts of men and women by simply explaining the theology and experience behind releasing their heart’s desire to expand the Kingdom. Seeing the lights come up in the hearts of God’s people feels like sponsoring a jailbreak. One of my goals is to equip others to help us share the message in conference formats before we get overwhelmed with the momentum of what God is about to do. If your church or organization is ready, we can help you start a fire… a big one!
Send us your feedback!
We get blessed by your emails at “You Wrote Back“
Progress – Kingly Bio’s are Up
We’ve completed the first round of interviews with Kings. These are real people that have been blessed by God in the Market Place and have hearts for ministry. Check it out at http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html. If you have a success story, we’d like to post it by giving you a web page on our site.
Progress – A Teacher’s Guide
We’ve completed the first version of a study guide that targets those teaching the material in Releasing Kings. It includes a page of notes on each chapter, all the graphics suitable to make overheads, and a PDF file of the book with the key points highlighted that includes marginal notes, comments, and questions. This material is available for purchase on the teacher’s guide page of the web.
Harold and I have both been hesitant to “market” this book… sounds self-serving. Here’s the “grassroots” reality. God has given us a great tool to communicate a message that sets people free in an amazing, contagious, life-changing way. If you haven’t read it – get it. If you have read it – give it.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Ordernow.html
We’ve gotten a ton of positive feedback on the newsletter too… get it, give it. Reloading Seniors was powerful. Pass the link on.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Newsletter.html
PS: don’t forget to look at the free reports – show your pastor the article on marketplace ministry from the pastor’s perspective. You can simply email him this link or print a copy to give him. http://releasing-kings.com/pastors-perspective.html