Kings – Have a Cause
August 16, 2005
Kings Have a Cause
“Purpose driven life” has been a prophetic theme over the last couple of years. I Think Rick Warren hit a theme of God’s Spirit that has been echoing in the hearts of God’s people. Most of us have taken spiritual gift inventories and discovered something about what motivates us and what we enjoy doing. Each of us are a package of unique history, natural talents, spiritual gifts, ministries, passions, and purpose.
I want to emphasize the importance of finding your life’s cause or purpose. Let’s look at one of the gifts lists in Romans 12.
6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Rom 12:6-8
Kings can come in many different gift mixes. Those in the financial world are motivated to make money and to be generous. Having your life’s cause clarified will give meaning and direction to your passions and gifts. What happens if we haven’t connected with our cause?
– Imagine a teacher; motivated to study and get in front of people and share information. What do they look like with no cause? Their heart isn’t in their teaching. It lacks direction, passion, and substance. They start to sound like some of the boring college professors you had in school.
– Imagine a leader without a purpose. He would be motivated to direct the lives of others but wouldn’t have a direction to point them. With no purpose they are thought of as autocratic. With God’s purpose they are thought of as prophetic servants. Big difference!
– in the business realm are naturally motivated to make money. It’s a gift that ignites some of their passion. Now if that package is connected to a cause and people can see the fruit of their prosperity they rejoice. If no cause or purpose is visible, then Kings are commonly thought of as greedy, selfish or imbalanced. That is probably a legitimate criticism of the “faith movement”. There is just too little emphasis on the cause behind the wealth.
Passion for Prosperity
– The Bible has a consistent theme that supports a theology of prosperity for Kings. A good example is in Proverbs 8. Those that believe wealth is evil quote 17 and 19. Those that can see prosperity in scripture quote 18 and 21. I personally like all 5 verses… Kings seeking God, finding wealth, and bearing the fruit of a generous lifestyle.
17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
18 With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity.
19 My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver.
20 I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice,
21 bestowing wealth on those who love me and making their treasuries full.
– Wealth is a necessary tool that Kings use to fulfill their destiny. When they seek God they find Him – and His wealth. They also find the purpose behind the wealth. Kings have an anointing to convert wealth into ministry and make a huge difference in society and missions. Doors are being opened for you to connect wealth and ministry.
Vision and Cause
– Visions is a picture of your life’s purpose or cause in the future. We can live for a vision, but we’ll die for a cause when we’re connected to something here and now. A vision can excite you but a cause gives you power – 1) to get wealth, and 2) to convert it to ministry that expands the Kingdom. Do you feel your heart’s desire or “cause” is being disregarded by God? Don’t give up! Your flesh may be tired, or the enemy may want to steal your inheritance, or God may want to test your mettle. Nurture your heat’s desire instead of giving up on it.
27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. Isa 40:27-31
Times and seasons
– Right now the Holy Spirit is connecting Kings to their tools (one is wealth) and their cause or purpose in life (which expands the Kingdom). We have a great graphic that we use in conferences to depict this process; 1) we network opportunities for Kings to overflow their cup, then 2) we help them find opportunities to be a blessing and carry out the great commission. See Networking Kings.
One of the ways you can connect with your destiny is to read the interviews of other Kings in their various ministries on our web: (http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html). They are all inspiring and some of those folks would be glad to help you get started if you find an area that “fits” you. One that is especially well connected to his “cause” is Andy and Deborah Briesmeister (http://releasing-kings.com/Andy-Briesmeister.html). He’s helping Harold with Bible Colleges in Africa while running Futura Equipment, Inc. in Yakima WA.
John & Harold
If you enjoyed this article your might also like “How You Can Break off Poverty and Embrace Prosperity.”
The full story is in our book Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace.
Several friends have made helpful recommendations for book and tape series that I found enlightening. Visit We Recommend on our web and check out “Things I’ve Read Lately.”
PS: Send us your feedback! We get lots of interesting emails at “You Wrote Back”
Progress – Kingly Bio’s are Up
We’ve completed the first round of interviews with Kings. These are real people that have been blessed by God in the Market Place and have hearts for ministry. Check it out at http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html. If you have a success story, we’d like to post it by giving you a web page on our site.
Progress – A Teacher’s Guide
We’ve completed the first version of a study guide that targets those teaching the material in Releasing Kings. It includes a page of notes on each chapter, all the graphics suitable to make overheads, and a PDF file of the book with the key points highlighted that includes marginal notes, comments, and questions. This material is available for purchase on the teacher’s guide page of the web.
Harold and I have both been hesitant to “market” this book… sounds self-serving. Here’s the “grassroots” reality. God has given us a great tool to communicate a message that sets people free in an amazing, contagious, life-changing way. If you haven’t read it – get it. If you have read it – give it.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Ordernow.html
We’ve gotten a ton of positive feedback on the newsletter too… get it, give it. Reloading Seniors was powerful. Pass the link on.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Newsletter.html
PS: don’t forget to look at the free reports – show your pastor the article on marketplace ministry from the pastor’s perspective. You can simply email him this link or print a copy to give him. http://releasing-kings.com/pastors-perspective.html