Kings – Getting Started
November 06, 2005
Kings – Getting Started
Many people think “entrepreneurial” is what other people are. God is redefining spirituality as creativity and vision applied to the real world. For Kings, entrepreneurial is spiritual. Our goal is to help Christians called to be Kings move into this anointing. For this newsletter we’re going to assume several things.
1. You’re already familiar with the Biblical basis outline in Releasing Kings and the last 50 newsletters and you believe 2 Cor 9:11 applies to finances;
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion.”
2. As a King, you believe it’s in the heart of God to lead you to the resources needed to fulfill the call on your life.
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. Deut 8:18
3. You’re hungry to take the first step and want to know where to start?
– As with most things, God uses a discipleship process that often includes other people in addition to the personal leading of the Holy Spirit. Education and employment are the common ways that we show ourselves “faithful in that which is another man’s.” We gain the experience needed before we start our own entrepreneurial endeavor. Having a job of some kind is often the platform to save enough money for the start-up phase of a new initiative.
– Divine discontentment is one sign the next phase of your adventure may be starting. In my case, a 29 year tenure with the same company ended when the contract was lost (I used the outage to write a book). I worked 2 years at the next job and the company ran out of work and had to lay off most of the staff. Having a fairly thick skull, God has to speak quite loudly to get my attention! After a certain amount time learning what you can from the job or field you’re in, you begin to yearn for something you can call your own. Jacob had that feeling after working 14 years for Laban and having his wages changed 10 times. God was moving him from employee to entrepreneur.
…When may I do something for my own household?” Gen 30:30
Learning to Multiply
– Regardless of your current lot in life, I want to encourage to begin thinking like an entrepreneur and ask the Lord to show you how to leverage your time, talents, and money to the benefit of others. Leadership and making money are all about making other people successful; providing them with additional value. A Godly aspiration when you think about it. Biblical too!
Make a better mouse trap
– All good ideas that pay dividends increase value to others by providing a better product or service. Bill Gates makes billions selling software because his customers believe his product is worth the price – I do. Here are a few more examples.
– If you’re in the medical field and you see a reoccurring problem then think about solving it. Preventive medicine and nutrition are hot items these days. If it is your idea, write a book or get a patent. If it’s someone else’s good idea get in on the marketing or sales.
– Let’s say you’re a teacher. Salaries are not very high and teachers aren’t normally inclined to be entrepreneurial. Yet every child gets about 18 years of education. Parents will stand in line to buy something that helps their son or daughter do better in school. Most teachers do develop techniques and ideas that help their students learn faster and retain more. Package the idea and market it. “Information” can be packaged and sold through a web site for the cost of a web site – “free” business start-up… no down side… why not give it a try?
– I spend most of my time Releasing Kings and most of my money on investments. However, Sue and I recently started a home-based business in network marketing. If you find a good company and stick with it, you can replace your salary in a few years. Every one asks two questions; “Is it legitimate?” and “Will it work for me?” Learning the marketing skills in this industry is exactly analogous to evangelism. Nobody wants to be “sold” but everybody loves to “buy.” Marketing is finding out what people want and giving it to them… not quite as evil as I originally thought! Ambassadors for Christ are really salesman with an eternal product. Nobody wants to be preached at, everybody has some level of hunger for God. Marketing and people skills make the difference between fruit and offense.
– Whatever you decide to do you must realize one thing. It will take you more than one try to succeed at your Kingly calling. What should you do? The answer is obvious. Start asking, seeking, and knocking and get a few of those failures behind you. God wants to bless you so that you can bless all nations and he wants to make your name great (Gen 12:2-3). You will succeed. You’ll only miss out on God’s best if you don’t try.
We’ve done interviews with Kings in a variety of fields. You’ll enjoy reading their stories and these folks are mature Christians willing to help you get involved in their field.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold
PS: John is going back to the Netherlands November 7-15 to minister in several churches and at a national Full Gospel Businessmens’ convention. Pray with us that Kings will be mightily released. The Netherlands is the Harbor of Europe and a spiritual gateway to the nations. It’s very strategic that God is taking us there. Plus, the Dutch are wonderful people who have already embraced our message and ourselves with open arms. We’ve actually fallen in love with the people and the nation.
The full story is in our book Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace.
Regarding this particular article, Harold has written excellent book entitled Spiritual Realities – Vol 3, Escapting Dualism. It’s Short and very worthwhile.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like “Marketplace Ministry from a Pastor’s Perspective.”
Several friends have made helpful recommendations for book and tape series that I found enlightening. Visit We Recommend on our web and check out “Things I’ve Read Lately.”
PS: Send us your feedback! We get lots of interesting emails at “You Wrote Back”
Progress – Kingly Bio’s are Up
We’ve completed the first round of interviews with Kings. These are real people that have been blessed by God in the Market Place and have hearts for ministry. Check it out at http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html. If you have a success story, we’d like to post it by giving you a web page on our site.
Progress – A Teacher’s Guide
We’ve completed the first version of a study guide that targets those teaching the material in Releasing Kings. It includes a page of notes on each chapter, all the graphics suitable to make overheads, and a PDF file of the book with the key points highlighted that includes marginal notes, comments, and questions. This material is available for purchase on the teacher’s guide page of the web.
Harold and I have both been hesitant to “market” this book… sounds self-serving. Here’s the “grassroots” reality. God has given us a great tool to communicate a message that sets people free in an amazing, contagious, life-changing way. If you haven’t read it – get it. If you have read it – give it.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Ordernow.html
We’ve gotten a ton of positive feedback on the newsletter too… get it, give it. Reloading Seniors was powerful. Pass the link on.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Newsletter.html
PS: don’t forget to look at the free reports – show your pastor the article on marketplace ministry from the pastor’s perspective. You can simply email him this link or print a copy to give him. http://releasing-kings.com/pastors-perspective.html