Kings in the Wings
August 27, 2006
Kings In the Wings
I met Mike and Jan Dana this week… went to their website and called them at the suggestion of a mutual friend. They had never heard of Releasing Kings, yet the more we got acquainted, the more it felt like a reunion. God has had them on the same track as we are. Mike has a strategy to connect with people that have a heart for giving, help them as a group multiply their finances, and jointly identify and support missions objectives to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars with national impact. He has 136 partners (now 137, including Sue and me), and is looking for another 100 or more. For those of us who have a vision, but are frustrated by a need for more finances, this could be what we’ve been praying for. What struck me about Mike Dana and CWT Trading was the crisp organization, the ease of his on-ramp to get others involved, and the potential to make a real difference in the Kingdom. His pastoral days have given him a heart to help others find their own release. I volunteered to share Mike’s story on our interview page so you can check it out, too. If it resonates, contact him. You’ll be blessed by his vision.
Times and seasons
– In every move of God, He seems to speak the same thing to people in many different places. Results come in jailbreak proportions when people hunger to reach and cooperate with God. Consider the myriad of healings during the Asuza Street Revival in the early 1900’s and in the tent crusades that started in 1948. In the early 70’s, God poured out His Spirit as thousands, including myself, got saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit during what is now termed the Charismatic Renewal. People came from all over the world to Toronto and Brownsville in the mid 90’s in an extraordinary drawing of God. Each move was and is marked by a hunger in God’s people to participate in what He is doing.
Is it For Me?
– Marketplace Ministry is beginning to show itself as a move of God in similar proportions. We’re grasping the theology – our ministry is in the marketplace, not the church. Prosperity is simply a tool we can use to convert money into ministry and have fun doing it! Pursuing that unique dream to connect vocation and ministry is healing for our hearts and blessing for others. We’re seeing a Kingly pattern in others, while asking the Lord, “How can I make this real in my own life?” I want to answer that question specifically.
Trademarks of Kings
– I get to talk with dozens of Kings on a routine basis. People resonate so much with the message in Releasing Kings, and calls and emails come from people hearing the same thing from the Lord, excited to share what they are doing, and hungry for ways to multiply it. I’m seeing the same yearning and calling in their lives; you’ll see it, too, in their interviews.
1. Amazing preparation
– God has a great group of Kings that he’s been grooming for years. They’ve seen great success, great trials, and they have a resume full of experience. I’m surprised at the number of them that have preaching and prophetic skills. They are gifted ministries. All of them seem to share many of the same attributes:
2. Networking and mentoring
– These folks have built an amazing network of contacts. God has been building their phone lists with mentors all over the world. These Kings know how much this mentoring has helped them, and they are anxious to take others with them. Some of us look at our check books and income and assume it could never happen. Many of these guys started from a hole, too, and they can help you get out.
– I’m also impressed with the size of their visions. Most of them are undaunted in terms of what is necessary to accomplish what God has put on their hearts, no matter how huge. For some, their burden is their city or their nation; for others, it’s a third world mission.
– Great leaders are great because of their ability to make others successful. These folks have a heart to enable priestly ministries; to plant new churches that others will pastor; to teach those in poverty how to multiply their finances. They have a Christ-like quality; changing the world and taking you and me with them to do it. There is a distinct fathering and apostolic flavor in their hearts.
You can do it, too
– Here’s my take on what God is saying right now: Many are already operating in a Kingly anointing and seeing God’s favor; many more are in the wings, about to see a new day begin.
I have been wooing you by my Spirit to embrace your dream. You have understood its possibilities with your mind, but in your heart you have been like Sarah and said, “Lord, so much has happened that surely I am past birthing this vision. How can this come to pass?” Though your heart views your resources as a mustard seed and your dreams as dry bones, surely I am calling you to prophesy life to the dry bones and multiply the mustard seed. Just as I will never leave you nor forsake you, so you must keep your eyes on Me and expect a day of deliverance. As you knock on doors and seek My favor, I will surprise you with new opportunities that are well within reach. I am multiplying Joshua’s that will lead you into a land of provision and ministry. For the sake of My love and My favor on your life and for the sake of those you will touch, you will grow in stature and favor with God and with men. “Our dream” will come true.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold (are dancing – Join us)
New Book – Our goal in Releasing Kings was to articulate a theological basis for marketplace ministry such that people naturally mature toward being more entrepreneurial and more generous. Harold has continued that theme in a new book that I really enjoyed. This book is a brief explanation of Resurrection-based Christianity entitled Jesus Came Out of the Tomb, So Can You. It also appears on our Recommendations Page. There are four other books that tie closely to the chapters in Part 2 of Releasing Kings that are all worth while.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Isa 62:4-5
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace at