Hearing the Right Voice
July 23, 2006
Conference in Charlotte, NC
You’re invited to a conference called a Gathering of Kings on September 23. A local businessmen (Tim Flachman) got excited about the book and newsletters and has teamed up with other Marketplace Ministers to make it happen. Tim is a great example of what God is doing in young, visionary entrepreneurs with a heart for ministry. Make plans to be there and receive the impartation.
Hearing the Right Voice
– I can’t help but see a parallel in the Middle East conflict with what Kings are personally experiencing. It’s really a war of ideas. At a spiritual level, God is inviting us to come out from under the law and find a place in our relationship that allows us to explore our heart’s desires. The Jewish people are noted for the prosperity and blessing on their lives. I admit that they too are technically under the law but the way they relate to God is through their hearts… they are unafraid of showing emotions.
Fear, a tool of the enemy
– On the other hand the enemy is sending in missiles and generally trying to promote the wonderful idea of being under sharia law. “In the Islamic state sharia governs both public and private lives of those living within the state. Sharia governs many aspects of day-to-day life: politics, economics, banking, business law, contract law, and social issues” (Wikipedia). What an enticing idea. Fear is the only motive that would cause people to choose this level of bondage and follow one of those daffy clerics. You can hear the devil rattling his sword, “If you want world war III, we welcome it.” It’s really just his false teeth clattering – we’re the ones with the real sword.
– Kings are receiving invitations to explore their dreams and find the will of God in a place that thrills their hearts with a great adventure. Kings are being called to be the heroes in God’s script that takes the Gospel throughout the earth. What could stop them? The good news is so good that we each have a little terror-ist voice that says, “It will never happen for you.” As Kings, we are finding a life that thrills our hearts, multiplies our finances, and allows us to expand the Kingdom; we’re finding it in our relationship with Jesus.
Choosing the right voice
– Fortunately we also have the Holy Spirit speaking to us. We have to cultivate our ability to hear His voice. And we have to practice a little self-talk of our own. I’ve noticed the wrong voice is often me attacking myself – I don’t even need an external enemy. More often, I’m my own worst enemy. Instead of, “you’ll never make it” I hear “I’ll never make it.”
Give the Wrong Voice The Right Answer
– Accusations aren’t all that original. If we all really stopped and compared notes the list wouldn’t be all that long and we’d all be surprised that we’re hearing the same tired prattle. Like David, we have to talk to ourselves; give ourselves a good reason for winning.
and David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning himm…. but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 1 Sam 30:6 KJV
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Ps 42:5-6 NIV
Here are a few you can practice on.
* I’ll never make it
– Sure I will. Everything else I’ve tried has worked out for good.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. Ps 18:28-29 NIV
* I’m too young / I’m too old
– I’m younger than Sarah and older than Timothy
So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?” Gen 18:12 NIV
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Tim 4:12 NIV
* I’m not good enough
– I really am good enough to do this with God’s wisdom, timing, guidance and anointing.
...in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Rom 8:37
*They don’t like me
– You’re kidding! Everybody likes me. Even if they don’t, I know God loves them and I do too. That’s part of why I’m here, “to love people that can’t love me back.”
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jn 3:16
it – God does have a way and I’m going to find it.
Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the LORD blessed him. 13 The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy. 14 He had so many flocks and herds and servants that the Philistines envied him. Gen 26:12-14 NIV
*See, nothing is happening
– You’re right! I’m going to make something happen. Every time I’ve wondered if good will ever come, my expectations are greatly exceeded by God. He is wonderful.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. Jer 29:11-14
How Kings think
– I’ve had the opportunity to meet and work with Kings that have great influence, wealth and vision. Their thought process really does stand out. They are surprisingly humble and “other centered.” The volume of work, decisions, problems, and people interfaces comes at a staggering pace. But, their focus is always positive; celebrating each victory with the people that helped them make it happen, and thinking of ways to leverage their “exploits” into greater ministry. They expect to succeed and be blessed and their heart is focused on using their abundance to bless others. When you’re around them their internal voice rubs off and they start encouraging you. It’s a good feeling… one that we want to make contagious.
…but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. Dan 11:32b KJV
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold (are dancing – Join us)
New Book – Our goal in Releasing Kings was to articulate a theological basis for marketplace ministry such that people naturally mature toward being more entrepreneurial and more generous. Harold has continued that theme in a new book that I really enjoyed. This book is a brief explanation of Resurrection-based Christianity entitled Jesus Came Out of the Tomb, So Can You. It also appears on our Recommendations Page. There are four other books that tie closely to the chapters in Part 2 of Releasing Kings that are all worth while.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Isa 62:4-5
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace at