February 18, 2007
Conferences – You’re Invited
Yakima, WA with the FGMBFI on March 9-10 (Fri-Sat) Contact Wayne Norman 509-698-3424 or 509-899-4264 (Brochure)
Huntington West Virginia with Kingdom Business Network (KBN) March 30-31; contact Rod Davis 304-776-7334 (Brochure)
– I’m not real big on the feminist movement and I’m glad it’s died down a little. However, I’m acutely aware and celebrating the way God is liberating women in the marketplace and releasing them as Kings. Religion may have played a role in holding them back, but the Holy Spirit has consistently had one position regarding women over the centuries. He has released their hearts and held them in the same esteem as men. Like men, not all are called to the marketplace, but many are. A friend recently referred to herself as a “Queen.” I countered that if I could be part of the “Bride” she could surely live with being called a “King.” Our society regards their advances in leadership and influence as something new. We just had the first women speaker of the house and a candidate for the next presidential election is also a women. Our progress is centuries behind Proverbs 31 and is still behind the voice of the Holy Spirit today.
The Role of Husbands
– The purpose of marriage is for two to become one. We shouldn’t interpret “oneness” as one spouse forfeiting their heart’s desires for the sake of the other. We each need to release the King in the other to find the fullness of God’s plan as both hearts express their passion. By the same token we shouldn’t devalue “family” over being “entrepreneurial.” I’ve never met a man who made a good mother!
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. 11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. Prov 31:10-12 NIV
– When believers discover the breadth of their permission from God to pursue their heart’s desire it always ignites passion. Women, as well as men, find their greatest sense of being esteemed by God when they are free to express their unique gifts, creativity, and zeal and labor in “that which is their own.” God’s goal for women is to release their vision so He can speak to them in His own language of dreams and visions.
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. 14 She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. 15 She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. Prov 31:13-15 NIV
– If you want to instill a little more freedom and release your wife to be more Kingly, consider asking her to buy some real estate. Nothing original here; this one’s right out of Proverbs 31!
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. Prov 31:16-17 NIV
Stocks and IPO’s
– Don’t stop at real estate. Invite her to start “trading.”
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. 19 In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. Prov 31:18-19 NIV
Generosity – One of rewarding things about watching people prosper and become more Kingly is that they float down a river that leads right to the throne room. For Christians converting money to ministry is the natural outgrowth of prosperity. Giving really is more blessed and more fun than receiving.
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. Prov 31:20
– Wealth is one of God’s ways of building a hedge of protection around us. Stability feels good. Women know how to translate that feeling into their homes by the way the decorate and furnish it. When I think about what our house might look like without Sue’s touch, it’s a little scary. People often say they experience the peace of God in our home… it’s all Sue.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. 22 She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. 23 Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. Prov 31:21-23 NIV
– Women that have experienced God’s Kingly release walk through their business experience and develop an uncanny wisdom. They manage the affairs of their house with confidence and a mental business plan.
She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. 26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Prov 31:24-27
– is fleeting on the outside, but Godly women whose heart’s are released become even more attractive as the years go by. Others bless them and praise their attributes at far deeper levels.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 29 “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 31 Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Prov 31:28-31 NIV
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold (are dancing – Join us)
Our back issues are organized by topic – great way to find what’s interesting! You’ve also been voting. Here are the greatest “hits” newsletters from the past.
December – Wealth is a Tool
November – Kings Take Initiative and Risk
October – Kings – Have God’s Favor
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace at