Dreams Come True
April 02, 2006
Dreams Come True
I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” Luke 18:17 NIV
When we first wrote Releasing Kings the Lord showed us a generation of Kings taking their place in the Kingdom to make a difference. As time goes by I am even more convinced that being entrepreneurial inside the dimensions of your own unique calling is one important aspect of spirituality for all of us. I used to define spirituality in such terms as prayer, intercession, knowledge of scripture, anointing for healing, giving prophetic words, preaching, etc. I still like those dimensions, but now I’m adding one. God is opening a door for everyone to be entrepreneurial. Let’s define the term.
– prosperity rooted in God-given talents or dreams that are coupled with diligence and enthusiasm to enable the adventure of personal ministry in the marketplace. The fruit of God’s activity on a childlike heart that is still able to believe, ask, and receive the Kingdom.
Like a little child
– Last summer I spent a couple of weeks with family and got acquainted with four children (distant relatives staying at my brother’s ranch). One day I asked the 12 year old what he would really like to do when he grew up… play in the NBA. I nearly intercepted his dream and was ready to squash it like a bug; except for one thing. That was my dream at that age! From 10-18 basketball was a significant fraction of my life and identity and I quietly worked to perfect my game to realize my dream. Being “like a little child” means that you still have a dream. As I got older I realized I didn’t want to spend my life playing a game with sweaty men. But the desire to do something worthwhile that made a difference and drew the applause of God survived childhood entirely intact.
Now, let’s define “adult” from a child’s perspective.
– Someone old enough to realize his dreams may never materialize who has resigned himself/herself to mediocrity; making the best of an imperfect situation… a job without a future, a modest income, a small family (with modest dysfunctions), and an occasional vacation to get away from it all.
– You are called and invited by God into an epic and heroic struggle to establish His Kingdom on earth. Your role is irreplaceable, unique and important. Resources have been set aside in heaven that assure you’ll have “more than” enough to succeed. The adventure I speak of is more exciting, romantic, and fulfilling than your spirit has ever imagined through any any movie, play, book, or day dream. The one thing standing between you and your destiny? You’re a recovering “adult.” God is restoring your childlike ability to dream so you can communicate with him heart to heart. Your adult intellect will never allow you to embrace the height and breadth of God’s plan; yet your heart longs for the adventure, the romance, the beauty, the wealth, and the meaning of a child-like dream.
Good News (Dreams come true)
– I want to share a revelation that is hidden from most adults. It’s God’s will that your dreams come true. Real maturity means that you’ve clarified those dreams enough to make them reality… your faith has given the dream some substance. It’s been translated to a goal, then to a business plan, then to some first steps. Maturity means that you don’t dismiss your dreams anymore; you translate them to reality – one step at a time. You know God wants to make your dream come true.
Yes, but How
– We make discerning the will of God way too complicated. Here’s a simple recipe that will revolutionize your walk with the Father. Allow yourself to move toward things, and experiences, and people that bring your heart to life. Sin can entail pleasure for a season, but it causes your heart to diminish to the point of death if we persist. Some are so ensnared by religion they will not allow their hearts to delight in anything. No longer – Let your heart come to life. Allow yourself to find and experience the fullness of the dreams God put in your heart. He designed you in His own image; to pursue the desires of your heart. Treasure them, guard them, nurture them, and make them come to life.
Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life. Prov 4:23 NASU
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Ps 37:4 NIV
Once you learn to move toward your dream you’ll realize “ministry” is bringing the hearts of others to life; helping them touch God by connecting them with their dream.
Why is “entrepreneurial” for everyone? It’s simply giving yourself permission to make your dreams come true. That’s God’s plan. Everything starts with a dream. That’s how he uses people to expand the Kingdom… and, it’s a lot of fun.
But my dream didn’t come true
– Back to theology. If God largely predestines your life and controls your circumstances then it must be His fault. But, if you’re called to walk with him “and” implement your dream “and” the resources of heaven are available for the asking, then it really is possible that your dream can come true. You decide.
Is it easy?
I think we have to conclude from scripture that making your dream a reality takes faith and perseverance. We have an enemy encouraging us to give up. Here’s the reality; although there is a degree of difficulty, God is working through Kings that realize their dreams every day. Yours can come true as well. It is possible and it’s life for your heart. We learn faith to “go through” difficulties quickly instead of living in them. We reign over our circumstances here on earth instead of allowing them to reign over us.
“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” Acts 14:22
And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.” Rev 5:10 NKJV
Put your dreams on your prayer list.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold
– Our goal in Releasing Kings was to articulate a theological basis for Marketplace ministry such that people naturally mature toward being more entrepreneurial and more generous. Harold has continued that theme in a new book that I really enjoyed. This book is a brief explanation of Resurrection-based Christianity entitled Jesus Came Out of the Tomb, So Can You. It also appears on our Recommendations Page. There are four other books that tie closely to the chapters in Part 2 of Releasing Kings that are all worth while.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Isa 62:4-5
– The Last trip to the Netherlands was a real eye-opener! I greatly underestimated the value of our book, the impact of the message on individual lives, and the value of live conferences. I witnessed the power of God being unleashed in the hearts of men and women by simply explaining the theology and experience behind releasing their heart’s desire to expand the Kingdom. Seeing the lights come up in the hearts of God’s people feels like sponsoring a jailbreak. One of my goals is to equip others to help us share the message in conference formats before we get overwhelmed with the momentum of what God is about to do. If your church or organization is ready, we can help you start a fire… a big one!
Send us your feedback!
We get blessed by your emails at “You Wrote Back“
Progress – Kingly Bio’s are Up
We’ve completed the first round of interviews with Kings. These are real people that have been blessed by God in the Market Place and have hearts for ministry. Check it out at http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html. If you have a success story, we’d like to post it by giving you a web page on our site.
Progress – A Teacher’s Guide
We’ve completed the first version of a study guide that targets those teaching the material in Releasing Kings. It includes a page of notes on each chapter, all the graphics suitable to make overheads, and a PDF file of the book with the key points highlighted that includes marginal notes, comments, and questions. This material is available for purchase on the teacher’s guide page of the web.
Harold and I have both been hesitant to “market” this book… sounds self-serving. Here’s the “grassroots” reality. God has given us a great tool to communicate a message that sets people free in an amazing, contagious, life-changing way. If you haven’t read it – get it. If you have read it – give it.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Ordernow.html
We’ve gotten a ton of positive feedback on the newsletter too… get it, give it. Reloading Seniors was powerful. Pass the link on.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Newsletter.html
PS: don’t forget to look at the free reports – show your pastor the article on marketplace ministry from the pastor’s perspective. You can simply email him this link or print a copy to give him. http://releasing-kings.com/pastors-perspective.html
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace at