Creativity – From Idea to Realty
December 10, 2006
Conferences – Two conferences are coming up next month – You’re Invited
Creativity – From Idea to Reality
I’m fascinated by the creative process and have been after Bob Bartow for an interview for months. He is an artist with a business called “Creative Images” – a rare combination of creative genius and King. You’ll enjoy his interview and his graphic arts. They are often sold at prophetic conferences and through his web site. His process is simple – the Lord shows him a prophetic image, he gets a digital camera takes the picture, brings it home to his computer and doctors it up until it’s reality. Pretty simple! Actually, it is simple and you can learn the process yourself quite easily and apply it in your own life.
1. Get the Picture – Everything that has ever been created started with an idea. You have to picture something in your mind that you want to have happen. Call it imagination, revelation, meditation or dreaming… you have to see it first. Some people get tripped up at this point waiting for God to show them something or tell them something. Most prophetic people allow themselves only one avenue, “God showed me.” That’s great if he does, but if you don’t happen to be from that stream, it may feel more like you came up with the idea – That’s OK and here’s why.
1. Get the Picture
– Everything that has ever been created started with an idea. You have to picture something in your mind that you want to have happen. Call it imagination, revelation, meditation or dreaming… you have to see it first. Some people get tripped up at this point waiting for God to show them something or tell them something. Most prophetic people allow themselves only one avenue, “God showed me.” That’s great if he does, but if you don’t happen to be from that stream, it may feel more like you came up with the idea – That’s OK and here’s why.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1 KJV
God can work through the desire of our heart. He usually does. The idea that He prophetically drops something that we’ve never heard of is actually the exception “and” it’s often just theological semantics. If we think of ourselves as inherently sinful, we view our hearts as “desperately wicked” and don’t expect our personal “hopes” to be worthwhile. Actually they are very worthwhile in God’s mind and He defines faith as the substance of things “hoped for.” So, the creative process can start with the list of things you hope for. Pretty exciting – huh? It’s Christmas all year long for Kings!
2. Put it in Words
– In the beginning “God created.” How is fairly straightforward, “And God said, let there be Light.” Since you’re created in His image and he’s invited you into the creative process, it’s worth following His example. Translating your idea or dream into words is the next step in creating something new. Notice that, even for God, its not the last step. He had to separate the light from the darkness… some amount of work here because it took a day and the whole process took six days and then he rested. You’re not done just because you get it into words but, it’s a very important step. Notice that God calls things that are not as though they were… and Abraham (father of the faith) believed in hope as a key part of his “becoming.”
As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed — the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. Rom 4:17 NIV
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations…Rom 4:18 NIV
This part of the process can also include writing the words down, making goals out of them, and prophetically declaring them. Prophetic declarations have the power of prayer and angels start lining up the universe to make reality line up with your petition. Count on miraculous intervention, just don’t substitute it for “work” – the next step.
Note: At this stage there are all kinds of counterfeits in the new age movement and in humanistic psychology that leave God out of this process. One author I read actually believed the material world only exists in our imagination so it wasn’t too surprising that changing his thoughts changed his reality. I hope he gets saved before he find out the truth when it’s too late. My point is this. Don’t allow abuses of the truth to keep you from it.
3. Get to Work
– We demonstrate our faith by our works. Those ideas and words are finally translated to business plans and reality by the things we do. We often feel this part of the process isn’t very spiritual when its really the greatest expression of faith. By faith… Noah built an ark. It cost money and took lots of sweat and time to build. He got his hands dirty (had fun) and took some heat from the neighbors. This is a masculine stage. We get to bring something in the material world in the confidence of our faith. We know it not only originated in the hope of our heart’s desire. We also know it’s very much in God’s heart and will. After a strenuous day we can lay back and sense the blessing of God and the cheer of the heavenly host on our lives. It feels good to work.
– Normally, in the course of the above three steps, you’ll encounter several levels of warfare. Ideas and words usually get hit with unbelief and discouragement. When you get to the work stage, you may encounter all kinds of trouble. The stereotype of spirituality is that nothing ever goes wrong. Saying that “everything always goes wrong” isn’t true either; but, sometimes it feels that way. Real spiritual maturity will finish. It’s not usually easy but it is “easily possible.”
We should probably add “resurrection” as another category. People that have learned to “finish” have usually learned to survive things like bankruptcy and all kinds of setbacks. Prophetic insight and intercession can save us from many of these obstacles, but its really your faith to turn “lemons into lemonade” that will get you through…. so suck it up and have an exploit for breakfast!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28 KJV
but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. Dan 11:32 KJV
but the people who know their God will display strength and take action. Dan 11:33 NASU
– It’s a jailbreak out there and we’re about to have a big party. When you’ve created something God will show you the next thing and your horizons, your heart, your ministry and your finances will expand with each new passion made real.
PS: if you’ve read something good on this topic (creativity), write and tell me about it.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.
John & Harold
– Our goal in Releasing Kings was to articulate a theological basis for Marketplace ministry such that people naturally mature toward being more entrepreneurial and more generous. Harold has continued that theme in a new book that I really enjoyed. This book is a brief explanation of Resurrection-based Christianity entitled Jesus Came Out of the Tomb, So Can You. It also appears on our Recommendations Page. There are four other books that tie closely to the chapters in Part 2 of Releasing Kings that are all worth while.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Isa 62:4-5
– The Last trip to the Netherlands was a real eye-opener! I greatly underestimated the value of our book, the impact of the message on individual lives, and the value of live conferences. I witnessed the power of God being unleashed in the hearts of men and women by simply explaining the theology and experience behind releasing their heart’s desire to expand the Kingdom. Seeing the lights come up in the hearts of God’s people feels like sponsoring a jailbreak. One of my goals is to equip others to help us share the message in conference formats before we get overwhelmed with the momentum of what God is about to do. If your church or organization is ready, we can help you start a fire… a big one!
Send us your feedback!
We get blessed by your emails at “You Wrote Back“
Progress – Kingly Bio’s are Up
We’ve completed the first round of interviews with Kings. These are real people that have been blessed by God in the Market Place and have hearts for ministry. Check it out at http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html. If you have a success story, we’d like to post it by giving you a web page on our site.
Progress – A Teacher’s Guide
We’ve completed the first version of a study guide that targets those teaching the material in Releasing Kings. It includes a page of notes on each chapter, all the graphics suitable to make overheads, and a PDF file of the book with the key points highlighted that includes marginal notes, comments, and questions. This material is available for purchase on the teacher’s guide page of the web.
Harold and I have both been hesitant to “market” this book… sounds self-serving. Here’s the “grassroots” reality. God has given us a great tool to communicate a message that sets people free in an amazing, contagious, life-changing way. If you haven’t read it – get it. If you have read it – give it.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Ordernow.html
We’ve gotten a ton of positive feedback on the newsletter too… get it, give it. Reloading Seniors was powerful. Pass the link on.http://www.releasing-kings.com/Newsletter.html
PS: don’t forget to look at the free reports – show your pastor the article on marketplace ministry from the pastor’s perspective. You can simply email him this link or print a copy to give him. http://releasing-kings.com/pastors-perspective.html