Connecting With The Power
July 20, 2008
Newsletter – If your newsletter comes incomplete (filtered), you can always catch the latest version in our archive along with nearly 200 others. 1500 people from around the world get Kingly encouragement from our weekly newsletter. Invite a friend to subscribe – they will be blessed.
A Study Group – Many people are involved in Bible study groups to Release Kings. Here are some helpful suggestions www.Releasing-Kings.com/Starting-a-Group.html.
Connecting With The Power?
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. 21 What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit? 1 Cor 4:20-21 NIV
My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power. 1 Cor 2:3-5 NIV
…our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. 1 Thess 1:5 NIV
Power – dunamis (doo’-nam-is); force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):
The Good News – One of the easiest things to do as a Christian is to slip away from the power and the presence of Jesus. When we first get saved, it’s important to lay a sound doctrinal foundation on our experience with Christ. We go church, to classes, Bible studies, sometimes even Bible College to learn the truth God’s word. Ideally that process would lead us into even greater experiences with God’s power. However, the typical progression is gradually moving from a miraculous salvation to a mountain of information about God that grows increasingly distant from the person and power of God.
I was introduced to the Lord by a doctor in a weekly Bible study attended high school and college students. Bob gave me three books that explained the intellectual sense of Christianity which helped my rational tendencies. But, it was Eve, his wife, who led prayer one evening that really moved me. She was praying about the presence of God descending on us like the dew. As we all sat quietly in the presence of God I could feel the tingling of dew on my face. That experience was my spiritual wake-up call. We also prayed for a young woman with muscular dystrophy over a period of months. She was gradually healed; I was increasingly aware of of the power of the Holy Spirit. The intellectual explanation with the experience of God’s presence drew me to the reality of Christ.
Sharing with Others – When we try to tell others about Christ we often take an intellectual approach; we explain their deficiencies in terms of sin and logically lead them through the verses that provide a Biblical basis for salvation. That’s the truth of the gospel, but not the power. Our cold, intellectual approach feels like an intellectual “whip” of judgment to the lost. We can lapse into a testimony that has all the drawing power of the Scribes and Pharisees. We often stop sharing Christ with others because our intellectual explanation in the absence of the power is nearly always rejected and we get discouraged.
Kings with Dunamis – The book of Acts records about 14 instances where the gospel is shared. Each of the 14 are accompanied by miraculous use of at least one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The same can be said of Jesus` ministry in the Gospels. We have the same opportunity today in the marketplace. It makes good sense to get saved when the good news is both logical and experiential. Our culture is yearning for real spirituality at the level Jesus lived. Jesus redeemed us through the cross so we could live in that same level of favor and power. Here are three simple areas:
1. Favor – Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men (Lu 2:52). It’s our heritage to mature the same way and have the same favor. It’s like cheating! God wants to intervene on our behalf. Imagine a level of favor that draws those hungry for Christ to you! It’s yours!
2. Healing – We’re ambassadors for Christ. We represent his power to minister to the needs of people through prayer and the miraculous. Pray for people. Sickness and demonic activity can’t survive in the presence of God.
As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ 8 Heal the sick , raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Matt 10:7-8 NIV
3. Prosperity and generosity – Kings break off poverty and operate out of God’s abundance in every area. People are interested in wealth to a degree. But, what they really want is the freedom to make a difference and inherit their destiny in the Kingdom. It’s a desire God has put in all of our hearts and, for Kings, it is facilitated by God’s favor on our finances… for a reason.
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9 NIV
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. 2 Cor 9:11 NIV
How to experience the power – The new age movement is about tapping the power of the resurrection apart from the person of God. For Christians, power is simply part of our relationship with Jesus. When we intellectually drift outside His power and favor we adjust by getting back into his presence. Here are three examples of how you can do it too.
1. Attend a revival – People are driving to Lakeland by the thousands right now to bathe in the presence of God. Our heart’s are refreshed and encouraged by a real and Biblical experience with Jesus. Get in the water!
2. Connect with a mentor. Find someone who is operating in God’s favor spiritually and financially and hang out with them. Learn how they do it.
3. Go on a mission. Ministry outside of your own culture is a wake-up call. For some reason miracles happen all the time. Go with someone who will let you do part of the ministry. You’ll me amazed by the favor you already have.
John & Sue (are dancing – Join us)
Harold is dancing too … with Linda
Opportunity! – I helped Jayston Tunnelle (a pastor from Liberia) write a business plan for a grocery store in Monrovia. We need someone with experience in retail / groceries to review it and we need an investor to make it a reality. The details of the business start-up and Jayston’s contact info are on the link.
You’re invited into the vision to release Kings; communicate the message, make the money, and do the mission.
1.The Message – Our first goal is to get the Releasing Kings message into the hands of the messengers that will carry it… do it, preach it, teach it, example it.
2.The Money – The second goal is to help Kings break out of poverty by networking them with practical opportunities to prosper. We want to introduce them to the right people, the right opportunity, and the right financial approach.
3.The Mission – Network Kings with opportunities to mix business and missions. Accomplish the great commission through the marketplace.
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace or Desire to Destiny at