July 03, 2009
Newsletter – If your newsletter comes incomplete (filtered), you can always catch the latest version in our archive along with 200 others. 1600+ people from around the world get Kingly encouragement from our weekly newsletter. Invite a friend to subscribe – they will be blessed.
How to Start a Small Group – Kings are increasingly getting involved in Bible study or mentoring groups to facilitate their “Release.” Here are some helpful suggestions www.Releasing-Kings.com/Starting-a-Group.html. We’ve also updated our Vision Brochure with graphics to show how to become a King and how you can help Release Kings.
French Translation – Releasing Kings is now available in French thanks to the efforts of Cees Bakker and Support Ministries in the Netherlands. In France, copies can be obtained from Editions Menor or Librairie Chretienne CLC. The Title in French is “Libération des Rois pour le ministère dans le monde du travail”. Cees is also the guy who made the Dutch translation possible – available through his website. He can be contacted for Releasing Kings conferences in France and throughout Europe.
Breaking Through – Trends start when one person does something and others see the opportunity and walk through the same door. The Kingdom is grown when one person cracks a new area in warfare. The rest of us follow their lead at a much more affordable price in terms of personal sacrifice.
It’s not enough to understand that it is theoretically or theologically possible for you to do something. We have to see someone actually do it before it really sinks in that it’s possible for me.
I can remember vividly my first exposure to the presence of God in worship and hearing the prophetic. My heart longed to learn to operate in that same anointing. Fortunately I was in a church setting where people worked hard to impart both the theory and the practice. I learned to prophesy from people that already knew how. The same is true in teaching and evangelism. Watching another brother discern opportunities and hearing them share an explanation of the gospel taught me how to do the same thing. It’s fun and it’s amazingly easy when we have the opportunity to watch someone else do it. Our faith for exploits is kindled by Godly mentors. Paul was big on teaching by his example.
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1 KJV
Therefore I urge you to imitate me. 1 Cor 4:16 NIV
Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. Phil 3:17-18 NIV
Releasing Kings – I was blessed to read Dominion by Peter Wagner and Church Shift by Sunday Adelaja. Recognized leaders are starting to share the same tenets that release Kings. See parts 1 and 2 of Releasing Kings.
1. The church and the Kingdom are not the same thing. Ministry begins outside the place where the saints are equipped. Our goal is to build the Kingdom and bless entire nations, not just add a wing on the church and fill a pew every Sunday.
2. The future is partly open. It’s the nature of God to invite us into the process of shaping the future according to God’s purposes. We’re not just servants passively waiting on God for revivals anymore. We’re “friends” that offer up new ideas and initiatives that bless the heart of God. It’s called open theism.
3. People are good. God loves them, blesses them, and works with them… so do we. Unsaved people are not “depraved.” They just aren’t saved yet.
4. The “any minute” rapture theology is false. We understand the devil would like to create a one-world government filled with conspiracies, turmoil and oppression. However, the Holy Spirit has a bigger, better conspiracy to fill the earth with his glory, defeat the enemy, and bless the nations. We’re here for the duration – and we win!
These present trials – Many of our forerunners or first fruits are contending for remarkable exploits in the Kingdom. There have been delays and setbacks for some and home runs for others. The warfare is real but the character and persistence in Kings is prevailing. If you’re contending for your mountain, it’s a season to stay close to those forerunners and learn from their example. It’s a huge encouragement to stay next to people that are experiencing consistent financial breakthrough. It rubs off. The anointing is contagious. Turning money into ministry and seeing progress in mountains is a party. Poverty is being broken. We can sense the delight of the Father and the applause of those that have gone before. We are dancing!
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Heb 12:1 NIV
John and Sue www.Releasing-kings.com
PS: I want to recommend some follow-up reading.
Who is God by Harold Eberle provides the best explanation of a more relational view of God. It’s must reading that connects our perception of God with everyday life.
Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace takes that foundation into marketplace ministry and the entrepreneurial nature of Kings. Fruit in the marketplace naturally springs out of sound doctrine.
Desire to Destiny – Takes the foundation and marketplace ministry and puts them in the context of seven practical keys or stages of growth you can apply in your own life.
You’re invited into the vision to release Kings; communicate the message, make the money, and do the mission.
- The Message – Our first goal is to get the Releasing Kings message into the hands of the messengers that will carry it… do it, preach it, teach it, example it.
- The Money – The second goal is to help Kings break out of poverty by networking them with practical opportunities to prosper. We want to introduce them to the right people, the right opportunity, and the right financial approach.
- The Mission – Network Kings with opportunities to mix business and missions. Accomplish the great commission through the marketplace.
You can get your copy of Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace or Desire to Destiny at