#1 Sound Doctrine For Kings
Harold has written four books that are summarized in Releasing Kings Part 2. We recommend you read them in their entirety. I read an early draft of Who is God and was challenged to write Releasing Kings. All can be ordered at Worldcast Ministries through the links below or by calling the office at 800-308-5837.
Who is God discusses the nature of God
#3 Understanding Cash flow
I met Philip Campbell at a book marketing conference in Denver. He’s written a book, Never Run Out of Cash. If you have a business or are thinking of starting one this is a must read. He explains the importance of maintaining cash flow history and 6 months of projections and has a free spreadsheet to help you do it. I’d even recommend you use it for your personal finances even if you don’t have an official business. If you’re not a numbers person you can also hire Phil to get you started.
Here’s why. The Releasing Kings message is powerfully motivating for Kings. Several people in our church started businesses that have struggled for one simple reason. They didn’t start and maintain their business dream with a clear understanding of cash flow. They did understand their heart’s desire, God’s permission, ministry, and the anointing to step out. I think they will still make it in the end. But, their first couple of years in business have had painful financial pressure that robbed joy from their endeavor.
#4 Life Coaching
Lots of believers are feeling the pull of the Holy Spirit toward becoming Kings in marketplace ministry. One of the questions that often comes up is, “where can I go to get help… who can be my coach?” I think there are a zillion answers to that question, but I want to point you toward one good example.
I introduced myself to Dan Miller recently because I’ve been searching for a credible coaching reference (check out the interview). I like to see a solid Christian foundation in the folks we recommend and Dan has that. He currently has 180 affiliate coaches working with him and has a vision for 1000… then 5000. His books and coaching materials are designed to lead people toward their own unique expression in work or business. His anointing, products, and services are in demand in both secular and Christian circles.
Dan’s web site is loaded with a host of free materials… podcasts, blogs, newsletters. His books are available for $13 and personal coaching is also available from any of 180 affiliate coaches. Dan plays a personal role in matching prospects with coaches. Want help with your own coaching vision? That’s here too. Start with Dan’s web sites.
- Entrepreneurial – http://48daysblog.wordpress.com/no-more-mondays
- Job related materials and coaching – www.48days.com
- Become a coach – www.212connection.com
Things I’ve Read Lately
I have the privilege of receiving recommendations from other people that have read Releasing Kings, Desire to Destiny or pick up on the pulse of the Newsletter. Since I enjoy finding out what others are being exposed to, I’ll share with you what I’ve been feeding on. The first two will help you break off the poverty mentality
#2 Andy Briesmeister (July 05) Andy mentioned a secular book that I picked up and read that is also good at exposing and answering the poverty mindset.
Secrets of The Millionaire Mind, although a secular book, is filled with Biblical principles and an enlightening taste of how easy the prosperity mindset can be. I enjoyed this book and may attend one of T Harv Ecker’s conferences in the future.
#4 Dani Johnson (Nov 05) Dani has a live training event called First Steps to Success. Its a two day seminar for people in network marketing. I’m not necessarily recommending you get in network marketing, but if you want to hear the sound of a King ministering in a crowd of saved and unsaved people, this set is very interesting. She’s 35 year old mother of 5 with prophetic twist in her gift mix. As I recall it’s about $60.
#5 Recommended site / Peter Heslam – Dear John, Many thanks for your very interesting new newsletter. I thought you might be interested in the new newsletter of Transforming Business, of which I’m director. Feel free to forward it to your colleagues and contacts in the Releasing Kings network, as I think its contents will be of interest to them as there are clear synergies in our vision and aims. In His service, Peter Heslam, University of Cambridge (UK)
see www.transformingbusiness.net/page19.html (Great site with a great vision – recent developments around the world regarding business and marketplace ministry)
6. Dreaming With God (12/06)– Bill Johnson is pastor of Bethel Church in Redding, CA. He has written a great book that you can order at www.ibethel.org. You find lots of overlap with Releasing Kings.
7. The Starfish and the Spider – This is a secular book on management organization that has a clear application in the Kingdom. It’s expensive but it’s a must read. See the synopsis.
8. God Is At Work by Ken Eldred – great book are starting businesses or micro-businesses. A “must read” for Kings pursuing self-sustaining missions.
9. Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas (11/07)– Dan Gaub recommended this book. It helped me understand how our inner healing issues can bias business decisions. Interesting read that prompted two newsletters… No Holding Back and Managing Your Spiritual Risk.
10. The Dream Manager my Matthew Kelly (12/07) – This book is a fictional story about a company that decided to add a “dream manager” to their staff. His job was to help the employees identify their dream and make it come true. The company profits increased to the point they had to hire several dream managers to keep up.
11. The Richest Man Who Ever Lived (4/08) – Reagan Couch has been hounding me to read The Richest Man Who Ever Lived by Steven Scott. It’s about living your business life through the wisdom in proverbs. He covers both the character needed to reach your destiny and has some great chapters on the practical side: articulating your vision, finding your team, etc. Great book! Steven Scott writes from a position of having made his business successful. He’s also helped others become successful. Gary Smalley’s emphasis on the family was made possible through Steven’s marketing/ministry.
12. The Reason For God (6/08) by Timothy Keller is a great new book by a Presbyterian pastor in secular Manhattan. After every service he would entertain questions from a cross section of society. His Book answers the objections to our culture. I found it to be interesting and helpful. A great gift for a new believer. Here’s a sample from page 181.
The Christian gospel is that I am so flawed that Jesus had to die for me, yet I am so loved and valued that Jesus was glad to die for me. This leads to deep humility and deep confidence at the same time. It undermines both swaggering and sniveling. I cannot fell superior to anyone, and yet have nothing to prove to anyone. I do not think more of myself nor less of myself. instead, I think of myself less. I don’t need to notice myself- how I’m doing, how I’m being regarded-so often.