Why wilderness? – Life is full of surprises; a personal relationship with a personal yet infinite God doesn’t produce predictable or perfect life paths. We know we prevail in the end. We know His Kingdom will be established. We’re even in the camp where we know that the Kingdom is being established now in the earth. Jesus himself was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit and was tested by the enemy. Just three days before his glorious resurrection and coronation as King of Kings, he asked the father why he was forsaken (Mt 27:46). The wilderness is a place of testing, and it does feel like you’re being abandoned by God.
A friend sent me this word of encouragement that I thought was very prophetic, and I’m passing it on.
For those who are in a season in the wilderness, do not despise this time. I have brought you here for a time of intimacy and training, and not for punishment. This wilderness is not because of something that you have done wrong, but for a time of strengthening, stripping away excess baggage so that you will learn that you can totally lean on, trust in and rely on Me. You are chosen for this season.
Do not look back and long for the things you have lost or left behind. Do not think on the “if only’s.” But embrace your time with Me in the wilderness and I will teach you new things. Don’t be anxious, but let the plan come to completion. You will prevail if you don’t lose hope or faint. You are chosen because others will need strong, decisive leaders in the season soon to come.
What to look for – When life dishes out surprises, it’s easy to get discouraged and even distant from the Lord. It’s at exactly that time that we need to refocus our hearts on the Lord. That’s actually the purpose of fasting… focus.
With our eyes on the Lord we are looking for possible new directions, and monitoring our hearts for changes in what the Lord is writing there. Listen to Isaiah 43.
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isa 43:18-19
Whenever God has a “new thing” for us, the change can be traumatic, but the new is always much better than the old. He is “making a way” for us where there doesn’t seem be one. He’s also creating streams in the wilderness that water our hearts with encouragement and life. If we carry this expectation of finding something good in the wilderness through our relationship with the Lord, the season can actually be a delight… a wellspring of new revelation, new ideas, new direction, new fruit and new friends.
The nature of entrepreneurial Kings – I find people who follow the dream in their hearts to be independent, and they often feel rejected. Others can view them as “wild and untamed.” They fit well in their mountain, poorly in someone else’s mountain. No one has a pet jackal or owl! Yet, God provides for them and uses them in the Kingdom in mighty ways.
The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, 21 the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise. Isa 43:20-21
Steps to get through your wilderness – Here are a few suggestions to help you through your wilderness.
- Realize that the battle is bigger than your personal situation. You’re being prepared for a future instead of being punished for your past. God is doing new things that require new paradigms.
- Rejoice that you’re being counted worthy of God’s dealing. He’s trusting you to make it and reveal even greater glory.
- Take the right steps everyday to be responsible financially and practically. Depression and discouragement show up in inactivity. Put one foot in front of the other toward your goals.
- Focus on God! Spend time in prayer until you hear His voice and find a place of hope and peace. If it means turning off the TV and the hobbies, do so.
- Keep your dream alive with a Heart Plan. Your role in the Kingdom is worth the investment of your time to put that plan into place and to get the help you need to do it. Here are some suggestions for next steps. We may be able to help you with a heart plan.
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Prov 16:9 NIV
PS: our updated store page is on the way. In the meantime, you can contact me email@example.com or 509-308-6873
John & Sue
Newsletter – If your newsletter comes incomplete (filtered), you can always catch the latest version in our archive along with 200 others. 1800+ people from around the world get Kingly encouragement from our weekly newsletter. Invite a friend to subscribe – they will be blessed.
How to Start a Small Group – Kings are increasingly getting involved in Bible study or mentoring groups to facilitate their “Release.” Here are some helpful suggestions www.Releasing-Kings.com/Starting-a-Group.html. We’ve also updated our Vision Brochure with graphics to show how to become a King and how you can help Release Kings. Lastly we’ve created a guideline to help you take your dream to the next level by considering the elements of a business plan. See Write Your Business Plan and a Free Management Library for many other helpful resources.
French Translation – Releasing Kings is available in French. In France and other French speaking nations, copies can be obtained from Librairie Chretienne CLC. The Title in French is “Libération des Rois pour le ministère dans le monde du travail”. Cees Bakker and Support Ministries in the Netherlands can be contacted for Releasing Kings conferences in France and The Netherlands.
Other language websites –
The Netherlands http://www.modernekoningen.nl
Face Book – I’m posting on Face book at http://www.facebook.com/john.garfield1
PS: I want to recommend some follow-up reading.
Who is God by Harold Eberle provides the best explanation of a more relational view of God. It’s must reading that connects our perception of God with everyday life.
Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace takes that foundation into marketplace ministry and the entrepreneurial nature of Kings. Fruit in the marketplace naturally springs out of sound doctrine.
Desire to Destiny – Takes the foundation and marketplace ministry and puts them in the context of seven practical keys or stages of growth you can apply in your own life.
You’re invited into the vision to release Kings; communicate the message, make the money, and do the mission.
- The Message – Our first goal is to get the Releasing Kings message into the hands of the messengers that will carry it… do it, preach it, teach it, example it.
- The Money – The second goal is to help Kings break out of poverty by networking them with practical opportunities to prosper. We want to introduce them to the right people, the right opportunity, and the right financial approach.
- The Mission – Network Kings with opportunities to mix business and missions. Accomplish the great commission through the marketplace and occupy the Seven mountains of: business, media, arts & entertainment, education, family and government in addition to the church. See video #1 and video #2