Going through a financial test is like living in the Promised Land and going back to Egypt for vacation. The good news is that I’ve learned a few things, and the Lord nudged me in the sense that He’s redeeming some lessons out of this season. Kings live and rule and manage from above their circumstances and finances; servants are often led by them. Poverty is a tool of the enemy to corner us and keep us in a servant mentality, subservient to whatever fate hands us. God has a different plan.
The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. Deut 28:12-13 NIV
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Prov 22:7 NIV
Kings shape the future into their dreams and heart’s desires. They bring the Kingdom down out of heaven so it can manifest on earth. We (Kings) have plenty of bread, stay out of debt, out of temptation and out of trouble… and if we are not, then we have this prayer template to reverse the situation and get back on top.
“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’ Matt 6:9-13 NIV
After weeks of wrestling back and forth between servant and King, I began to see a few of the object lessons. God is redeeming wisdom and grace out of a difficult season. Here are five areas of “schooling.”
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Rom 8:28-29 NASU
1. My dream is what I’m living for – Putting the Kingdom first is the sweet spot in life. That really is my dearest heart’s desire. I’m totally good with risking all, and selling all for this particular pearl. Signing up for your dream isn’t a suicidal leap off a cliff, by any means. But, it is counting the cost and admitting that the risk and warfare is worth it. Something that’s really worth living for is also worth dying for. I gained a better sense of my own mortality as a warrior and realized that I don’t have to survive – His Kingdom will be established, the battle will be won. I will survive, even if it takes a resurrection. I don’t regret being in this warfare at all… wouldn’t miss it for the world. God has done something special in the area of Releasing Kings in my life. I discovered how precious and important it is for both Him and me. We all have a dream that’s important in the Kingdom.
2. Friends – I have a new appreciation for the people who share our vision and hold me up prophetically and in prayer. Many have prayed and encouraged; one brother called me up on Sunday morning early and gave me a prophetic word in the middle of a slump. God does that stuff. We all need those kinds of relationships. I’ve really felt under-girded by the intercession of others at various stages of my life. I can feel that now. Thanks.
3. Diversity – I’m no longer depending upon one stream of income (duh…). I’m getting out of debt for things like cars, credit cards, houses, etc. We are going to create great wealth and live modestly without debt. And we’re going to have some strategic backup strategies. This is a wake-up call. We are aware of enemy schemes (2 Cor 2:11).
4. God likes fellowship – I’ve also found a sweetness of encouragement and devotions with the Lord. I’m a favorite and chosen son and so are you. It’s a love relationship, so we can’t get too busy and compromise the intimacy with the King of kings. His favor on our lives is clearly evident. This grace not only draws us to repentance when we get saved, but it draws us into the throne room from then on. He likes conversation – when we talk to Him and He talks to us.
He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision: Dan 9:22-23 NIV
A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 He said, “Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, consider carefully the words I am about to speak to you, and stand up, for I have now been sent to you.” Dan 10:10-11 NIV
The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Luke 1:27-28 NIV
5. Fruit – The enemy has good reason to be worried. Kingly momentum is rising around the world. I’m seeing coaching as a vehicle for “the release” to become self-sustaining. It’s exciting to see the lives change and the vision caught. God’s people are divinely discontent serving religion. There’s nothing really wrong with churches – please hear me. God is adding another dimension to our discipleship process. Disciples are being groomed to ask for their heart’s desires. They are finding the will of God and expressing the Kingdom by living out the passion for which they were created. Kings have fun, make money and love people. We are not only saving the lost and planting churches; we are taking our positions in mountains and changing cities, cultures and nations. The future is very bright and we are winning. We’re in a pioneering phase, but victories are breaking out on every front. It’s a huge privilege to live in this hour and play a role in seeing His Kingdom established on this earth… an adventure that that is fun and fulfilling.
PS: the video version of this newsletter is here.
John & Sue
Newsletter – If your newsletter comes incomplete (filtered), you can always catch the latest version in our archive along with 200 others. 1800+ people from around the world get Kingly encouragement from our weekly newsletter. Invite a friend to subscribe – they will be blessed.
How to Start a Small Group – Kings are increasingly getting involved in Bible study or mentoring groups to facilitate their “Release.” Here are some helpful suggestions www.Releasing-Kings.com/Starting-a-Group.html. We’ve also updated our Vision Brochure with graphics to show how to become a King and how you can help Release Kings. Lastly we’ve created a guideline to help you take your dream to the next level by considering the elements of a business plan. See Write Your Business Plan and a Free Management Library for many other helpful resources.
French Translation – Releasing Kings is now available in French thanks to the efforts of Cees Bakker and Support Ministries in the Netherlands. In France, copies can be obtained from Editions Menor or Librairie Chretienne CLC. The Title in French is “Libération des Rois pour le ministère dans le monde du travail”. Cees is also the guy who made the Dutch translation possible – available through his website. He can be contacted for Releasing Kings conferences in France and throughout Europe.
Other language websites –
Face Book – I’m posting more information on Face book at http://www.facebook.com/john.garfield1
PS: I want to recommend some follow-up reading.
Who is God by Harold Eberle provides the best explanation of a more relational view of God. It’s must reading that connects our perception of God with everyday life.
Releasing Kings for Ministry in the Marketplace takes that foundation into marketplace ministry and the entrepreneurial nature of Kings. Fruit in the marketplace naturally springs out of sound doctrine.
Desire to Destiny – Takes the foundation and marketplace ministry and puts them in the context of seven practical keys or stages of growth you can apply in your own life.
You’re invited into the vision to release Kings; communicate the message, make the money, and do the mission.
- The Message – Our first goal is to get the Releasing Kings message into the hands of the messengers that will carry it… do it, preach it, teach it, example it.
- The Money – The second goal is to help Kings break out of poverty by networking them with practical opportunities to prosper. We want to introduce them to the right people, the right opportunity, and the right financial approach.
- The Mission – Network Kings with opportunities to mix business and missions. Accomplish the great commission through the marketplace and occupy the Seven mountains of: business, media, arts & entertainment, education, family and government in addition to the church. See video #1 and video #2