We’re in Yakima, WA this coming weekend November 10-11 for a Releasing Kings Conference. Friday night is a dinner (Sea Galley @ 6-8 PM) with the local Full Gospel Businessmen. Saturday morning the meeting is 9AM-1PM at Shiloh Christian Center (112 N Pierce Ave). John is the speaker and we’ve invited Howard & Leslie Ferris, John and Joani Laney, and Duane and Karen Smith so you’ll get a flavor of what God is doing through their “exploits.” This is going to be party and our goal is to sponsor a “jail break” in your life!
Conference Brochure (session topics below)
* Sea Galley – The Best Gift You Can Give Your Spouse (Friday PM)
*Session 1 – Kings – Building the Kingdom Through Your Heart’s Desire (Sat 9AM)
*Session 2 – Learning to Multiply – Breaking the Spirit Of Poverty
*Session 3 – Three Ingredients to Get Started In God’s Amazing Favor
Positive Mental Attitude
PMA – Last week Larry King hosted a news interview on CNN with six guests – all motivational speakers promising health, wealth and anything else you can get on the right frequency for; some even making vague references to God while others mentioned cosmic energy. I’m attracted to that stuff like a moth to a flame so I got the transcript off the internet and read it carefully. At the end they recommended the very best resource in the field (a movie).
The Bad News – Before watching or ordering the movie I did a little more homework and found out it was really an infomercial to sell more materials and that one of the creators channels in her new age seminars… great promises all leading to a spiritual dead end. The reason God is so down on dabbling in false spirituality is that it’s like a gateway drug that leads to even greater deception. He finds it detestable because it leads people away from a real relationship with Jesus. Vibrations and cosmic forces just don’t substitute for knowing Jesus.
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God. Deut 18:10-13
The Good News – I think the good news is the things Larry’s PMA guests were promising are greatly exceeded by what is already available to you and I as Christians.
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Ps 16:11 NASU
The PMA message resonates because God is saying something very similar throughout the land. He’s working through your heart’s desire to accomplish His purposes. In some ways that’s a radical departure from our evangelical focus on the sinfulness of mankind. However, it get’s equal time in the Bible. Here’s the balance. Sin is a reality for all of us which is only solved through Jesus forgiveness via the cross. God doesn’t stop at sin. He writes His laws on our hearts and grants our desires as a means of building the Kingdom. Honestly, most Christians think it’s too good to be true and don’t operate in all that Jesus provided for us.
You have granted him the desire of his heart and have not withheld the request of his lips. Ps 21:2 NIV
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Ps 37:4
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. Ps 145:19 N
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits — 3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Ps 103:2-5 NIV
Ask Whatsoever… Jn 14:13-14, 15:7-8, 15:16, 16:22-24, 1Jn 5:14-15 1Kgs 3:5
Here are four practical steps to reach the same level of maturity that Kings use all the time to see their heart’s desire come to fruition. 23) Guard your heart or thoughts because your actions will follow your attitudes; 24) use your words to say what God says – be positive; 25) Keep you eyes on the prize – stay focused on your vision; 26) do the things that make your vision come to pass – expect success.
23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
24 Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.
1. Manage your thoughts – with Devotions to set your heart and mind. Most Christians are concentrating on what they don’t want to happen “and” if you asked them to clearly define what they would like to see happen they couldn’t articulate it (let alone have faith for it). For every bad thing that does happen, most of us have a system of blame set up that keeps us from taking the positive steps to reverse or resurrect the situation.
Write down the desire of your heart. Answer God’s question, “What would you have me to do for you.” Get your vision for your life on paper and then make it a matter for prayer. If we believe God wants to grant the desires of our heart, we had better be specific. Use our interview format as a template. (see http://www.releasing-kings.com/Interviewing-Kings.html)
In the morning – write down seven things you would like to see happen consistent with your dream. Make the list, pray through it, and do it every day during your AM devotions.
In the evening – Review the list and see how many answers you received and what progress you made. Make those items topics for praise and thanksgiving.
2. Manage your words – Most of us naturally articulate negative expectations over positive at a ratio of about 5 to 1. Allow the Holy Spirit to correct your negativity and set your words to prophecy your dream into existence. Say what God says about your self, your situation, and other people. Your words prophecy your future. Spend them like money; wisely on your vision instead of your fears.
Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed — the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. Rom 4:16-17 NIV
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matt 17:20 NIV
3. Keep your eyes on the prize – You can have all the cars, houses, and boats you want because God is abundantly generous. You need enough of that “stuff” to convince yourself that God really is extravagant in His love for His kids. But, the the prize is ministry. Your real satisfaction comes from converting the overflow from a full cup to ministry that blesses the nations and blesses the Lord.
…all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. Gen 12:3 NIV
4. Set your actions toward your dream – Take the initiative with your actions to walk toward your dream. That’s how God designed this army of “friends” to work. Do what it takes to make the vision a reality starting now. Take the seven things for each days devotions and put feet on them. If you can’t find something to do that day to make progress at least make it a matter of intercession. Be tenacious!
“Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them — to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Josh 1:2-3 NIV
Whenever I hear myself or others say: “I’m waiting for God’s timing” or “I’ve set out a fleece” or “I’m waiting for God to open a door” one thought comes to mind, “What pablum! Why are we making all these excuses?” What can we do today? Put your foot on some land! This army is all about exploits, not excuses.
Today, if you hear his voice Ps 95:7 NIV
So, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you hear his voice Heb 3:7 NIV
Today, if you hear his voice Heb 3:15 NIV
Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today Heb 4:6-7 NIV
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.