No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, NIV
We interviewed John Laney this week and I’ve tried to capture some of the essentials of his “life message.” John is a developer with a distinctly prophetic and bold gift mix. You’ll enjoy his interview and his message.
Most Christians would generally agree that God has good things in store for them. God has a plan to prosper us and it’s a good idea to get that plan in writing and execute it now instead of leaving it up in Heaven for the millennium. If you have a plan it will change three things: 1) the way you think (faith), 2) what you say, (confession), and 3) and what you do in order to make the plan a reality. What Christians often miss is that God expects us to participate in making the plan instead of just waiting for it to happen.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD… Jer 29:11-14 NIV
1. What you think
– Nothing delights the Father more than seeing his kids inherit their portion of the Kingdom. That extends to granting you the desires of your heart. Spiritual maturity is you and God having the same desires. It’s much easier than you think. God created us in his image to have those desires and for whatever pollution sin has brought into our lives God has promised to give us a new heart.
“Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32 KJV
3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Ps 37:3-4
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. Ezek 36:26-30 NIV
Start to believe that God’s wants to release your inheritance, grant the desires of your heart, and prosper you. It will change your approach to life.
2. What you say
– The first ramification of really being on the same page with God is authority. Your words will have the prophetic force of God’s words; you’re His kid, His representative, His ambassador. You’re the manifestation of Jesus in the earth right now – doing even greater works.
“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:22-25 NIV
We serve a God who calls things that are not as though they were (Rom 4:17). We share the authority to speak “our” will into existence. When we understand God’s desire to give us the Kingdom and put his favor on our lives, then we begin to speak a new language. It sounds bold, and assertive to your friends. But to Jesus it’s the sound of the Kingdom of God being established on earth through a chorus of Kings using the keys God has given them to release the provision of heaven.
“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.” Matt 16:19 NASU
3. What you do
– This final step is astounding! Christians that begin to believe God and dare to talk about their inheritance take an amazing step. They plan to prosper and minister and receive their vision. They start taking conscious steps toward their heritage. It’s like a business plan. Articulate your the vision of your heart’s desire that maps into God’s plan for you, count the cost, and start moving toward the goal. The Body of Christ has been entirely too passive in this whole process until recently. As John said in his interview:
“All things are possible to them that believe.” The reason they become possible is that people who “believe” are willing “to do” what it takes. Faith has legs.
What about Resistance?
– If you get serious about claiming your inheritance you’ll get a “wanted poster” with your picture on the devil’s bulletin board. In addition, if you move away from being passive and start to implement your plan, problems just naturally arise. One failure point is facing a problem or attack and assuming God has withdrawn His favor. God is not the author of attacks against his own people. He is never the one who kills, steals, and destroys His own people.
If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you… no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, Isa 54:15, 17 NIV
When God did judge Egypt there are two important aspects of how he did it that still apply; 1) All of the 10 plagues came at Moses’ word, 2) none of them touched God’s people. In the same way we are not only protected from the judgments of God, we are given a way to prosper through them, “and” we may have a role in turning them on or off with our words just like Moses. It’s our heritage to defeat problems.
Questions God is asking
– What’s the vision of your heart’s desire? What would you like to be doing in 5 years? How do you plan to make it happen? How will you finance it? Who will you work with?
Be assured there is a plan specifically for you and you’ll play a big role a defining the details. It’s your privilege and responsibility to begin to ask those questions, fill in some of the blanks, and implement the answers.
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. Prov 25:2 NIV
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.