In the last several weeks we’ve interviewed some Mighty Men that live the message in Releasing Kings and have great practical applications; Reagan Couch started a Full gospel Businessmen’s Chapter and Duane Smith is organizing a crusade and Pastor’s conference in India. This week I want to share what’s happening with Mike Nelson. He’s converting money into ministry… something Kings are good at.
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Cor 9:8
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion… 2 Cor 9:11
Red Rock Energy
– Mike and Dan Griffin have a modest oil well business in Texas and a vision to support ministry. 2005 was a tough year even though oil prices were up because well drilling rigs were all occupied by the large companies. Red Rock is organized with one wing of the company called Red Rock Ministries. Ten percent of the gross is used to support a number of different ministries shown on their website. They also have a gas well call Jireh #1 that was drilled in 2002 in which 3 shares of the well were given to 3 of their partner ministries. That well has been up and down but declined in the last part of 2005 so they shot the well (opened it up to another level). The result – production went up 40 fold from 830 MCF to over 30,000 as we write this newsletter. It’s even producing 100 barrels of oil a week. It was a prophetic message… the 40 fold increase points to the end of their season in the wilderness and they believe 2006 is a year to create significant income streams for ministry.
A New Drilling Rig
– Although they have a dozen wells in production and a base of 120 investors (mostly Christians), Red Rock growth depends on drilling news wells. In 2005 investors were calling asking about new opportunities but no drilling rigs were available and the waiting list to have one built was a year long. So they began seeking the Lord and ran into a series of divine appointments; many of these contacts came through friends and business relationships where God brought them the answer through another person. Other people are seeing the hand of God behind their progress and jumping in on the divine appointments as though it were a revival.
They made a decision to build their own drilling rig through contacts the Lord had given them that had prior experience.
The were introduced to a young man (a welder) that was recently saved who is their shop foreman.
They needed a place to build a rig which could have entailed purchasing land and building a shop. The Lord led them to a local shop and the owner is letting them use it free in exchange for doing some of the work fabricating the rig.
Mike has also been introduced to contacts in the industry that have experience in drilling so he’s staffing the operating crew. Many involved are Christians and times of intercession have been a trademark of their miraculous progress.
The rig will be drilling in June and returning 40% for investors that will provide $4M in capital via a limited partnership. When the rig is complete in June it will have an appraised value of $6M so the investors will start with $2M in equity.
The stage is set build more rigs. Mike was given a prophetic word that they wouldn’t just have one rig but 3. So, in the late spring they expect to have the first rig fully funded and they will go right into construction of the second.
Can it happen for you?
– I don’t see Red Rock as an isolated event. Kings are making breakthroughs all over the world. Here are a couple of key ingredients.
Find the desire of your heart
(and God’s heart). Red Rock is making money and their prosperity is staged to multiply. But the foundation isn’t just built on making money; it resides on a call Mike and Dan carry for supporting missions. They are building the Kingdom and having fun doing it.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matt 6:33-34 NIV
When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked. 21 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain , ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Matt 21:20-22 NIV
Don’t be afraid of Money
– Money is a tool that is entirely necessary to do the will of God. To have money and ministry, you have to be willing to multiply the talents God has given you. Many try to go straight to ministry without money and they end up in an offering cycle – asking others to fund their vision. For Kings, God is showing people how to multiply their finances and using their increase to expand ministry in the Kingdom. One of my personal desires is to help Christians network with opportunities like Red Rock. 40% returns are for everyone… so is ministry. Generosity is the goal but it doesn’t start until you’ve learned how to multiply your finances and have something to give.
Ask, and Keep on Asking
– I used to define spirituality in terms of “spiritual” things. No longer. I really believe that maturity in Kings is partially measured by our ability to multiply finances. It’s an anointing that God is unveiling right now. Please don’t feel disqualified by your present poverty. It’s a season to “ask” just like Mike did. God is answering! You too, can be trusted with “Much.”
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own? Luke 16:10-12
– Most people retire with several hundred thousand dollars in their pension, IRA’s etc. Then, they live right at the poverty level on a monthly stipend which represents well under 10% return on their hard-earned capital. Investments like Red Rock represent a 10-fold increase over that “safely in poverty” mentality. Do the math.
Life is an adventure. People are a blessing. God is amazing. We’re winning.